Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
WxChallenge 2013-14

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll end up 19th or better after day 3 pending the winds...I'm hoping they squeezed out 25 or 26 knots after the afternoon climo report. I have my doubts they'll get down to 6 tonight but I'll find out when I wake up.

Climo report has 25 knots.

Another newbie question. If I'm holding the wild card spot, am I still forecasting after Grand Forks onto Springfield or am I done since I didn't get the seeding?

The top 40 people in categories 1-4 that didn't get seeded, forecast for 4 days at SGF. The top 8 people in each category after the 4th day move on to the tournament.

Is that latest wind gust legit?

Thinking not, if it's a sonic anemometer it makes sense . If it's a rotary (pinwheel) anemometer, then it would happen if the propeller froze then all the sudden broke free. Either way, the gust is likely not legit. Though the observer on duty should correct the ob.

27/7/27/0 ;)

Not sure on any of the variables. For the low, I think they can get below 0 tomorrow night, but the models showed the winds staying up until close to 6z. So, I'm not sure they'll crater by 6z, and just went near what I thought the middle would be. For the wind, the models showed the mid-level winds and pressure gradient weakening after 6z. Given they're sustained at 26 knots now, if winds do indeed start backing off a bit after 4z I think I'll be in good shape on the winds. For the high, using a little imagination I can see them getting into the upper 20's if they mix effectively. But, given fresh snow pack that may bust for me. 925mb and 850mb temps do warm during the day and there should be a good amount of sun so we'll see.

Archived