Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2013-14

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was that 0.01 a legit flake in the bucket? The ob said blowing snow. I can't seem to think that was a legit precipitation amount that hour. 

Edit: Was away from my computer last night so I'll just post my numbers here: 25/7/28/0. Seems like wind will verify 30-32. 

Was that 0.01 a legit flake in the bucket? The ob said blowing snow. I can't seem to think that was a legit precipitation amount that hour.

Edit: Was away from my computer last night so I'll just post my numbers here: 25/7/28/0. Seems like wind will verify 30-32.

According to radar at the time any appreciable snow ended right around 6z...I highly doubt it was still snowing enough to tip the bucket at 9z... We'll see if that goes away I guess.

Climo report has 23/8/29/0 as the numbers right now. Outside chance the high leaks up to 24, and the 6z low could be colder.

For day 6's low :lol:

MAV: -1

MET: 11

GFS LAMP: 3 or 4

USL: -7

NWS: -5

12z Euro: 0

21z RAP: -15

20z HRRR: -18

18z 4km NAM: -6

18z 12km NAM: -6 or -7

18z GFS: -12 or -13

Good luck...

Went with 27/-1/10/0.00. Easily the lowest confidence I ever have with a WxChallenge forecast, but I don't think it'll drop that hard where NWS/USL/GFS got. I also don't think it'll get to 30 because of snowpack and very low start to tomorrow.

27/-4/10.....Honestly can't see how they don't fall below zero and wouldn't be surprised if I bust high. Used 3/27/13 as an analog for tonight, similar low level temps and calm winds although they didn't have a fresh snow pack then.

30/1/10/0

For the first time in God knows how long, I undercut MOS for the high. Assuming they mix about as well tomorrow as they did today (to about 925mb where the NAM has temps of -7C around 21z tomorrow), I can see temperatures at 29. There will be an easterly flow during the afternoon, and locations over MN where there is much less of a snow pack will easily get into the mid 30's...it'll be interesting to see what the high does. I can see them getting below 0 tonight but something didn't smell right...I don't like that their dew point is still 12 right now. Radiational conditions will be nearly optimal though, so it'll be interesting to see how much that can get dragged down.

Archived