12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Aug 8th-10th Severe Wx

free_man

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The line in NY? It looks decent. Also interesting note that the wind at POU just backed around to the SE. Dew up to 74 there.

Looking at meso certainly  a possibility the line strengthens as instability seems to be quite decent.  Helicity is still fairly elevated, though not as high as earlier so the threat for strong winds or a brief spinup should persist over the next few hours or so

Looking at meso certainly a possibility the line strengthens as instability seems to be quite decent. Helicity is still fairly elevated, though not as high as earlier so the threat for strong winds or a brief spinup should persist over the next few hours or so

The cell near the Newburgh-Beacon Bridge is pulsing up, even showing some weak rotation.

Keep the faith!

Block buster day for you guys further south!!

Sun's out with a light WNW breeze here.

The rain was pretty crazy today.  The severe didn't pan out but the t'storms that were out there did exhibit enough rotation to make you keep an eye on them.  Doesn't look like this line really wants to do anything so the severe threat is probably pretty much done now

The cell near the Newburgh-Beacon Bridge is pulsing up, even showing some weak rotation.

Keep the faith!

Someone from near Beacon reported a tornado on Facebook, lots of pictures of large trees down. I don't believe the storm was warned as I was in the vicinity and never got a warning alert. Nearly 5.5 inches of rain here in Poughkeepsie today.

Someone from near Beacon reported a tornado on Facebook, lots of pictures of large trees down. I don't believe the storm was warned as I was in the vicinity and never got a warning alert. Nearly 5.5 inches of rain here in Poughkeepsie today.

Holy crap at 5.5" today near POU. The ASOS is nearing 5" sine 4am. That's like tropical storm amounts.

Is there any rotation in new haven county? Saw some very very low scud in Waterbury off route 8 just now....how do I post a pic on mobile version?

I got some pics of very low scud in Derby, Ansonia, Beacon Falls snd Naugatuck roughly around the same time or a little earlier. If you use Chrome you have to request the desktop site to upload a photo.

Archived