• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
goofy "Energy Savings Days"

LongRanger

Since summer energy use relates to weather... has anyone else noticed BGE is crediting everyone too much during these "Energy Savings Days"?

The automated reports I've seen for different customers in my area all compare the average electricty use for a whole day vs. that during the 6 hour window on an Energy Savings Day. Not surprisingly, energy consumption during the 6 hours is less than that of a typical 24 hour period, so the credit BGE is awarding is too large. I called them to talk about it but the concept was beyond the understanding of the front line telephone staff.

Feel free to pass on the credits you don't want to me. I can tolerate warmer temps in the house, but my wife (stay at home mom) cannot and blasts the A/C all day while I'm at work.

To my knowledge, we've had just three energy savings days this summer season. For those three days, I've received credits amounting to just under $32. Now, one of those ESDs was when we were on vacation and I received almost a $20 credit just for that one day. I'm hoping for more ESDs all of next week because the wife and child will be on vacation again, but I'm at home.

I wonder if BGE will try to reverse these over-credits later... that'll go over well.

DOE is funding some of the credits. Maybe BGE gets a bonus too if their customers conserve... so fudging the numbers might create a bigger bonus.

Anyone else noticed that they are sending a piece of snail mail for each day to explain the credit? It is the same as they sent by email. (3 so far)

Heard a ham on the repeater mention it too. They're killing trees to save electrons. (that's just a gag line BTW)

I'm in Peak Rewards, so might be different.

The amount is just under my usual PR, so I figured it was a scam....until I saw this thread, of course:-)

Archived