joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/18-3/19 OBS

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

70% rain now. .5 total

Measured or guesstimated?  Got 1.0" here in Metuchen.  Here's what I just posted on the NYC forum...

Looks like it's about over for us.  Rain has mixed in with the sleet and temps are about 33F now (was 31-32F for awhile).  Have 1.25" of a sleet/snow mix (probably 75% sleet) on the ground, which I'm sure would've been 2"+ if it were all snow. Regardless, the mix has made for treacherous road conditions in the area on local roads like Route 27 and Route 1 and especially on the smaller county roads and side streets, as most roads are at least slushy with the heavy sleet.  Nice event, especially given that it looked like all rain 2 days ago.  Up to 34.0" for the season, which is nice. 

This is not an official measurement.....just an estimate off the web cam.

The cabin looks to have 5-6 inches of new snow with a very thin layer of ice pellets on surface. Pretty much what was expected at the higher elevations, 2100ft in this case.

Looks like it could be the middle of winter up there, two plow-able snowfalls since Saturday leaving about 8-10 inches of snow on the ground. Hard to believe we ended our ski weekends last week and the local mountains will be closing with snow still in the forecast. No crowds to pay the bills......

Snow w/about 15 min.of Hvy.Snow for an hour and just under a half, is now just some stray flurries,but we added 1.2" in that time...yesterday,last night and today total, so far; at 5.5"...as SP pointed out w/Sat's Snow added in for my loc.8.1"...not the beautiful 18" of the St. Patty's Storm of 07,but it looks real nice out there...  

Archived