12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Late February/Early March Medium and Long Range Discussion Thread

Dsnowx53

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That mar 2001 map is eerie to look at. Funny how far south and east it was modeled on the GFS 3-4 days out. Even though it was mostly a miss for us I'd gladly take a gamble with a similar set up to that, with the hope of an earlier phase

That was so close to being really big here, but everything was just a little too far east for us to cash in.

The Euro has the closed low signal in the long range, we just need it positioned far enough west.

It's far more likely to be further east than west with the strong block in place, but at 200+ hrs, it's still a fantasy forecast at this point. 

I'm very curious to see what the Euro does coming up shortly as it usually has a bias of holding back energy and being less progressive than the GFS.

We know the GFS is going to be too far east in this set up, but we need the Euro and ensembles

to get far enough west for us to be competitive here. The GFS always had the March 2001

threat too far offshore like during the past blizzard. That was the last snowy analog date that

matches up with early March forecast. 

attachicon.gif20010301f132.gif

We know the GFS is going to be too far east in this set up, but we need the Euro and ensembles

to get far enough west for us to be competitive here. The GFS always had the March 2001

threat too far offshore like during the past blizzard. That was the last snowy analog date that

matches up with early March forecast. 

attachicon.gif20010301f132.gif

oooh man - those maps bring back some memories! havent seen those in at least decade.

Go on ewall and look at the reanalysis maps so fascinating to watch how it unfolded and what potential was truly available

ACCUWEATHER in NYC was calling for 30" in a 60 hour period.    I only remember one burst of snow, probably on Sunday evening with  maybe 5.5" accumulating.    Most of this 60 hour period was just cloudy and foggy with on and off cold drizzle and a nasty feel to it.

Go on ewall and look at the reanalysis maps so fascinating to watch how it unfolded and what potential was truly available

i was talking about the actual maps, not the storm. But yes, that storm was a heart breaker. I remember Kocin on TWC saying 2-3 feet of snow for PHL-BOS...disaster

Archived