12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 6-8th Great Lakes Wintry Storm

wisconsinwx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the radar, there is an awesome band between Holland and South Haven moving to the northeast and moving onshore shortly. I'll be exited to see what happens when it gets here. We're at a solid 29 degrees in GR, and it is a very moist cold. It's getting to me a lot more than the artic air last week. Whatever snow we get today will turn our 6-7 inches of LES already on the ground into a veritable glacier!

Edit: As an aside, the RPM has Boston down for 30 to 36 inches of snow, which will play out as 3 inches of sleet and 4 inches of concrete snow  :whistle:

nice avatar...weenie radar shows the little pocket of snow you all are report and in general jives well with the report here.

You don't see many maps where Kenosha and Madison are rain and Aurora is snow.

According to that map I should be snow and Beast might be a mix, doesn't jive with reports.  None of these weenie radars are effective at picking out precip type.

According to that map I should be snow and Beast might be a mix, doesn't jive with reports.  None of these weenie radars are effective at picking out precip type.

It's an old grab...and either way the MKE area is clearly on the borderline right now. 

returns really filling in up there now...if you aren't into the steady snow in an hour or so it might be time to start worrying.

The warm air has made it pretty far north...there is rain past Madison and almost all the way to the Wisconsin Dells. This may have some implications on the storm here, especially for the southern line of counties in the GRR watch area.

those areas to the west were always supposed to be warmer.

and SSC is locked and loaded, time to stop worrying and enjoy the major event.

Well shoot it looks like I'll be driving up to Ottawa right before our best storm in five years. Terrible luck.

Its like winning the lottery but losing the ticket in the wash.

You YYZ folk will need to get some good pics and video for me.

Kinda late but final call for YYZ: 12.9"

Ottawa's going to get it just as good, if not better, than Toronto. Don't worry. :)

Archived