• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Mid to late February Pattern Discussion...stormy or end of winter?

ORH_wxman

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I'm still hopeful for snow potential in March if we get an -NAO. I just hope it's not a pattern where the NAO block becomes a mainstay throughout spring.

i hope it does. nice weather can screw off until june for all i care. i like a nice spring day now and then but have no desire for boring spring weather yet. give me May 2005. 

Certainly no guarantees, but you really can't ask for a better looking pattern to try and muster up some good March snow bombs on the ensembles through the 2nd week of March....weeklies say it goes on well past that.

There are some real big guns on the analogs showing up (late Feb '69, late Feb 1960, Mar 1958, Mar 2001, Mar 2005, Mar 1996, Mar 1962)...there's a few duds in there as well as is expected since no pattern guarantees success...but you'll gladly play with these odds.

Certainly no guarantees, but you really can't ask for a better looking pattern to try and muster up some good March snow bombs on the ensembles through the 2nd week of March....weeklies say it goes on well past that.

There are some real big guns on the analogs showing up (late Feb '69, late Feb 1960, Mar 1958, Mar 2001, Mar 2005, Mar 1996, Mar 1962)...there's a few duds in there as well as is expected since no pattern guarantees success...but you'll gladly play with these odds.

Back in August we had a chance to pick some great on mountain vacation deals for Sunday River and I gambled on March 10 - 15 so I'm feeling pretty pleased with the long range. 

:santa:

3/3/60. I left for school in nj with temps in the 20s. Md day heavy snow and wind with temps in the low20s. South of your location.

Upper teens at my NNJ home, where 18" came down and blew around.  For March snowstorms in NJ, that combo of snowfall and cold takes 1st prize, though we had +/- 24" storms in 1956 and '58, 1st with 20s, 2nd at near 32.  The only March event close to 3/60 I can recall is 3/17/67, only a quick-hitting 6", but seeing +SN at 8-10F in mid-March was memorable.

Archived