• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Clipper Threat 1/22/13-1/23/13

Allsnow

The Euro control run picked this very spot many days ago.  Remember the Canadian had it in this exact spot as well for a couple of runs a few days ago.  They had it even stronger too.  How many times have we seen this, where the models have it a week out, then lose it for 3 or 4 days, then bring it back.  Something is wrong with the models in the 3-7 day range in big way often.  I guess data is lost over the ocean or something?  Maybe when the system is over land in Siberia the model does better then when it is out over the ocean, then it gets on land here and it gets picked back up.  That is the only conclusion I can come up with to explain this often repeated pattern.  As I said, there is much upside potential here.  Just remember some of the blown up runs we saw about 4 days ago.  Not saying it will get anywhere like those, but it does not take a lot of precip when it is this cold to get a lot of snow. 

I promise you I  want it to stay where it is , however I agree above dont count your chickens these can make u giddy and break you`re heart within 24 hrs   . Trust me Norlun troughs aren`t a dirty word they can crush where they set up .

The models are picking up one at least in our forecast area , so hang tight

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I promise you I  want it to stay where it is , however I agree above dont count your chickens these can make u giddy and break you`re heart within 24 hrs   . Trust me Norlun troughs aren`t a dirty word they can crush where they set up .

The models are picking up one at least in our forecast area , so hang tight

I really think this turns into a consolidated low.  It seems to be trending that way all day today.  I think it really bombs more as it hits the Delmarva.  Just my guess.  I don't like the Norlun trough idea.  I remember the bombs that were shows about 4-5 days ago.  The Euro Control run actually produced the storm in the exact same spot around DC, then took it off the Jersey coast, but it completely bombed it when it hit the Delmarva.  I think there is much upside potential here, but I expect a more consolidated low, not a Norlun trough.  Just my guess. 

Do not count your chickens yet, the area of snow is very small so any shift can change everything.  But at this time the trend is our friend.

It can almost be like driving between  Pulaski and  Watertown .You go from a raging blizzard to flurries inside 30 mins .

I really think this turns into a consolidated low.  It seems to be trending that way all day today.  I think it really bombs more as it hits the Delmarva.  Just my guess.  I don't like the Norlun trough idea.  I remember the bombs that were shows about 4-5 days ago.  The Euro Control run actually produced the storm in the exact same spot around DC, then took it off the Jersey coast, but it completely bombed it when it hit the Delmarva.  I think there is much upside potential here, but I expect a more consolidated low, not a Norlun trough.  Just my guess. 

You know my theory , You blow this storm up and send into the Candain Maratimes and you wreck the block you pump the SE RIDGE for friday and you are wet . So if you blow this one up , you better be under the heaviest axis or you can screwed twice

REGARDING PRECIPITATION...THERE WILL BE AN INCREASING CHANCE OF SNOW
WHICH COULD RESULT IN A FEW INCHES OF ACCUMULATION BETWEEN MONDAY
AFTERNOON AND TUESDAY NIGHT AS WELL AS WEDNESDAY THROUGH EARLY
THURSDAY. THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR THAT PERIOD MONDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON FOR SOME LOCALLY HIGHER SNOW AMOUNTS
DEPENDING ON WHERE BEST DEFORMATION BANDING SETS UP. SNOW TO
LIQUID RATIOS WILL BE MORE OF 20 TO 1 AND 15 TO 1...WHICH IS
CHARACTERISTIC OF A DRIER SNOW.
.... You may need a 3 rd thread .

This is one case where we might have a better shot since the pattern is quite suppressed, these tend to like to be more northeast but this pattern is sort of forcing this vort to have to track south and the surface low to develop off the Delaware.

i still remember a killer norllunfrom when i lived in phl a few years ago, had to be at least 8 inches

Archived