joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Clipper Threat 1/22/13-1/23/13

Allsnow

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.25 - Inches QPF falling thru minus 10 to minus 12 air . prob gona yield 3 to 4 inches of snow accross Long Island . (and  maybe the city too ) .

I think if the park gets 2 ,people will be happy , I think the show is up closer to Boston .

12z NAM in line looks good about .25 accross Long Island , mayb even back into NYC minus 10 - minus 15 air , The real Norlun hammers Boston .

If the norlun does set up, I think the models have made it very clear that it would be somewhere from the cape up until Boston, maybe even a little more north. Eastern LI could get in on the action too if they're lucky. Have any other models shown this feature besides the nam and the gfs?

If the norlun does set up, I think the models have made it very clear that it would be somewhere from the cape up until Boston, maybe even a little more north. Eastern LI could get in on the action too if they're lucky. Have any other models shown this feature besides the nam and the gfs?

SREFs showed it too. Though the full force of the norlun hits SNE, LI still gets it.

SREF has been consistent with it, even before the NAM showed it.

High RES caught this first , prob too fine for the globals to have caught it . GFS and Euro have  the clipper . just drier as expected this far out .

The one wild card would be if you can get the surface feature to exit 75 - 100 miles south of AC ,( PROB ASKING TOO MUCH ) ..then those numbers increase . 

As it is right now Central New England coastline prob  win with this.

The air is minus 15 at 850 , so that .16 in NYC Is prob 2 inches . That .30 from Islip out East maybe 4- 5 .

This is will also  take temps down a few ticks in the models as well in the following few days

Incoming for Wednesday night on 84 hr NAM, looks quite impressive and could have 20-40:1 ratios with 850's at -20

Incoming for Wednesday night on 84 hr NAM, looks quite impressive and could have 20-40:1 ratios with 850's at -20

Upton had it last nite , posted think ur gona need a 3rd thread .

Archived