joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/17-1/18 Southern Special OBS Thread

wdrag

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to thunder snow folks and our locals!

Miss those days.

I haven't experienced thundersnow since the Blizzard of 96. Anyway, getting some light snow this morning. Not from the storm, but from the weakening arctic front snow showers. Nothing to write home about, but there is a light dusting on all surfaces this morning.

Thanks everyone for the info.  Weather is amazing, getting more snow from that weak back door than the synoptic scale low.  Not a good forecast at all on our part of Delmarva, everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.  I was told the prev 00z Euro was nothing to write home about either.  By far this was the poorest job I remember this model doing in our area with one system in a long time. It started last weekend when it was more suppressed than any other model.

We did get the snow showers from 7 am - 8 am here, enough to cover decks, rooofs and vehicles but not anything at ground level.  32 deg.  Skies are now clearing (crystal clear to the North) and winds are increasing.  Sun is coming out, will need sunglasses today for the first time in a week.  The. End.

Archived