Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Flaking Our Way Into MLK Weekend 1/17-1/18

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's good news that such ridiculously weak echoes are dropping actual snow.

dry air near the coast FTL so far.

Yeah had a little burst of tiny flakes, got a quick light dusting but it's since died down a bit. Interested in the whole OES idea.

Ha ha ha.  I know you all have big hearts and I would never tread on that - keep up the vigil - but ... this thread is really likes it's own model, using user-defined interpretations at each grid point, processing in whole toward a solution that had little hope of ever materializing;  that should have been decommissioned a few cycles ago.

Perhaps backside OES might brighten some spirits.   

I don't see that it's doing anything different than what the models have showed in general to be honest WXUS.  I think the NAM failed at 0z...same old same old.

But everything else seems on track, there will be an attempt at snow back to about I95, maybe further but I think that hope is fading.  Radar is blossoming now right on cue.

Ha ha ha.  I know you all have big hearts and I would never tread on that - keep up the vigil - but ... this thread is really likes it's own model, using user-defined interpretations at each grid point, processing in whole toward a solution that had little hope of ever materializing;  that should have been decommissioned a few cycles ago.

Perhaps backside OES might brighten some spirits.   

Do you sniff glue?

You guys would have had a second thread started by now if 1-3 or 2-4" was coming for the I90 belt.

Boooo, don't hate on EMA. Lol.

Radar seems to have light snow over me. Perhaps I'll get my coating after all.

Cape hasn't snow'd in a while, and they are close to somethin bigger. Of course they are imby posts tonite, its only gonna snow in their backyards

Exactly.  If you don't like what someone posts just use ignore.  The new software allows you to do all sorts of filtering and you can always choose to read a particular post. 

All of these storm posts are contained within a thread I started 4 days ago for this specific event.  I did that specifically to spare the board reading about this threat in the main threads.   But then don't come into the thread and complain about people talking about a cape storm in the cape thread.    There is no accompanying obs thread.   This is one all rolled into together because it effects a small area and few members.

I was joking with John and I hope/think he knows that.    WXUS and others are posting their opinions on a weather board, if you don't like it don't read it. 

Vigil shmigil...

We're all rooting for you Messenger / folks on Cape.

Gonna be a wait, RAP puts out best stuff between 2am-5am... 

I am updating, use the HRRR so little I didn't know it has the NE domain.  4-6" amounts with a few little 6-8 dots scattered on ACK, PYM county and on the cape.

Quincy had indicated earlier the model was doing well, same down the coast.  It has gradually moved NW as the night has gone on.  The RAP seems to be going east.  It's going to be a real fine line and this seems to be introducing some OES enhancement as well.

MBY warning for my CT fans, I hope this verifies.

EDIT heres the previous two runs on the HRRR.  It's bounced around a little but in general is a solid hit.  I'm not sure this model has ever verified in my area.

post-3232-0-07384100-1358486411_thumb.pn

post-3232-0-01430100-1358486798_thumb.pn

post-3232-0-63384600-1358486811_thumb.pn

Most of yesterday's 3.5" and old remnant snow of around 3-4 inches underneath in wooded/shaded areas.

Overall how's it been up your way this winter? 

Plus, I've always though the mental illness jokes were pretty ridiculous...maybe I'm just a stick in the mud...but it's insensitive...especially to the people who actually do have some mental illness.

We've talked about this before and you and I both agree.  I went back and forth today with someone else on that vein and  we shouldn't have and that's on me.  My joke to Tip was in reference to the airplane movie glue sniffing thing "looks like I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue", it flew over the heads and I should have posted the accompanying video so the joke was more clear. 

I started this thread for the specific reason of keeping the analysis of this storm isolated from all the other stuff.  People could see I started it, I didn't pin it that was some mod. 

The ignore feature does work and more people should use it.  If you don't want to read what someone has to say problem solved. 

No winter until around xmas then a nice holiday period with two good events (see sig). (Fortunately I was in Europe for three weeks in lots of cold and snow pre-xmas.) We staved off a really bad torch til the weekend and were fogged in all weekend while Nick and the WNY people were having May weather. So the verdict is out,,,need some good snow events from here on out to get close to normal seasonal snowfall.

Granted I'm mostly a reader and not poster, but I really gotta say that this is a place where I come for insightful and knowledgeable information, this is a thread about a storm that for the most part is OTS but affecting a small portion of SNE, if you're not in the bubble or don't care about it, you have the choice not to contribute, there's no room for you to bring it down to childish and personal attacks, really uncalled for.

I second this.

No winter until around xmas then a nice holiday period with two good events (see sig). (Fortunately I was in Europe for three weeks in lots of cold and snow pre-xmas.) We staved off a really bad torch til the weekend and were fogged in all weekend while Nick and the WNY people were having May weather. So the verdict is out,,,need some good snow events from here on out to get close to normal seasonal snowfall.

Yeah, Nick got into the real warmth I think for a couple of days.  You just did some traveling too right?  Europe?

HRRR....back to earth.  Hopefully Phil can cash in later with some OES.

0z Euro cut back, .1" is about over ETaunton's head up to about Marshfield with the .25" just off Chatham.  

post-3232-0-38070600-1358488198_thumb.pn

Yeah it was interesting from a wx perspective in Europe, experiencing the cold air (Russian/Finnish origin) backing in with the Scandy Ridge to the north/northwest. One day in Krakow, Poland we never got above 10F. Then the patter shifted and the Atlantic air warmed them all up for three weeks.  Now they are in an even deeper freeze over there. But none of that -NAO has been west based enough to make a difference over here really.

Yeah, Nick got into the real warmth I think for a couple of days.  You just did some traveling too right?  Europe?

HRRR....back to earth.  Hopefully Phil can cash in later with some OES.

Yeah it was interesting from a wx perspective in Europe, experiencing the cold air (Russian/Finnish origin) backing in with the Scandy Ridge to the north/northwest. One day in Krakow, Poland we never got above 10F. Then the patter shifted and the Atlantic air warmed them all up for three weeks.  Now they are in an even deeper freeze over there. But none of that -NAO has been west based enough to make a difference over here really.

Where did you fly to?  London?  Curious about how long it took. 

Yeah it's brutal over there right now.  It'll come around for us again eventually, we had a good 5 year run where pretty much everyone got into at least one blizzard. 

Are the ponds at least frozen up there?

WeatherX is terrible.

I should have been clearer in the joke too.  My bad.

Berlin...  Because I went to visit relatives in Germany before driving over to Czech Republic and southern Poland/Tatra Mountains.

I think 8 hrs over and  7ish back.

Flying to London is one hour less ...more or less.

It wasn't too bad. The United 757 seemed to be configured with a little more space than the ultra tight delta 757 I flew on a the year before.

Where did you fly to?  London?  Curious about how long it took. 

Yeah it's brutal over there right now.  It'll come around for us again eventually, we had a good 5 year run where pretty much everyone got into at least one blizzard. 

Are the ponds at least frozen up there?

I should have been clearer in the joke too.

Berlin...  Because I went to visit relatives in Germany before driving over to Czech Republic and southern Poland/Tatra Mountains.

I think 8 hrs over and  7ish back.

Flying to London is one hour less ...more or less.

It wasn't too bad. The United 757 seemed to be configured with a little more space than the ultra tight delta 757 I flew on a the year before.

That's not that bad really it's 4 hours down to the Gulf/Texas. 

favorite country on the trip?

Everything starting to cover here now, the real snow has begun. 

Archived