• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The Snowshoe Village and Resort in WV

Avdave

If you love to ski, snowboard or just watch the snow fall, this is the place to go. At 4848' in elevation they get smoked with snow all winter long.

Clouds lifted off the summit towards the end of the day

Climbing the mountain to the summit and village

Along the summit road at snowshoe, wv

Snowshoe Village in clouds and light snow

The Mountain Lodge at the village at the summit

Where we stayed in the Village, Alleghany springs Lodge

Heated outdoor pool and jacuzzi here, it was 14 degrees when I took this photo

Walkway to the Village at snowshoe from our lodge

Drifting snow at the village

The village at Snowshoe

The village at Snowshoe

Village at snowshoe

Starbucks at the Village at snowshoe

The Village at snowshoe

nice dave.

when was this?

did you ski?

i've never skied there.

Thanks again Andy. This was Dec 22-24 2012 when we were there. Was part of my Christmas gift from my wife. it was awesome up there. Snowshow and Silver Creek know what they are doing. They have a nice spread up there with the different style of lodging and then on the ground level it is all restaurants and retail shops. I loved it. It took us about 5 hrs to get there but so worth it.

I do ski but havent in a long time and have been having knee issues lately so been holding off on the skiing. but I used to go a lot, loved skiing, especially night skiing which they dont have to Snowshoe but the shuttle bus takes you to Silver Creek which is a part of snowshoe but 5 mins away.

You love skiing for the location it is the closest you will get to northern new england or out west. You would like it probably.

awesome pics, dave.  what a beautiful place in the winter (esp Christmas).  just curious, how much snow cover would you estimate (not on the slopes)?

Thanks East Coast NPZ. They recorded a foot of snow the day before I got there from all up slope LES. A lot of was blown around at the summit but that is what they said.

How was the drive getting out there (I'm guessing from I-81)?

Yeah took 81 to Rt 55/48 west. You can see some of the pics on the drive in my other thread on here in the photography forum. It took about 5 hours for us but we went to longer way to see how the new Corridor H highway was moving along.

Otherwise it is about a 4 hour drive or so. Nice drive though, very scenic

Yeah took 81 to Rt 55/48 west. You can see some of the pics on the drive in my other thread on here in the photography forum. It took about 5 hours for us but we went to longer way to see how the new Corridor H highway was moving along.

Otherwise it is about a 4 hour drive or so. Nice drive though, very scenic

Ok. Thanks for the info.

It's roughly 6 1/2 hours from my location. I may try to get out there next December. Looks so scenic and beautiful for the holidays.

Ok. Thanks for the info.

It's roughly 6 1/2 hours from my location. I may try to get out there next December. Looks so scenic and beautiful for the holidays.

My pleasure Parsley. If you have questions send me a PM. Even if you don't ski they have snow tubing at Silver Creek next door which is fun. But Snowshoe Village is the main place to be. Retail and restauarants are reasonably prices too. I will add more photos tonight when I get home of more of the resort.

Cheers

Archived