12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 26 - 27 Winter Storm III

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS and RGEM are below 1/2 inch. A lot of the synoptics are suspect and we're threading a needle with this trowal. Considering Environment Canada is calling for 2-4", I think I'm being quite generous with my call. :lol:

Fair enough then. The good Doctor is going to verify here to a tee, so I'd give it some weight. Just my humble opinion.

I'm surprised that Environment Canada hasn't issued any sort of watch for Toronto given the potential is at least there for 6". When you consider that toronto hasn't seen anything over 2" in a single snowfall for two years, youd think they'd want to at least alert people to the possibility. There's something to be said for Canadians being a lot more hesitant than our neighbours to the south!

I didn't think they'd go with any flags, but I thought they'd at least bump us from yesterday's forecast a bit.

I'm surprised that Environment Canada hasn't issued any sort of watch for Toronto given the potential is at least there for 6". When you consider that toronto hasn't seen anything over 2" in a single snowfall for two years, youd think they'd want to at least alert people to the possibility. There's something to be said for Canadians being a lot more hesitant than our neighbours to the south!

. Maybe they didn't want to take any risks? But if 6-8 inches comes to fruition, then I feel a lot of people will file complaints to EC for their lack of information to the public. I still hate them for their bias to use only one model. I agree atleast a watch should be issued. It's the first major snowfall of the winter too.

Well, the official accuweather forecast still has us in the 6-12" range, with Brett Anderson having Toronto in the 6-10" range.

GFS bumped us a bit at 12z. Just barely get on the good side of the 0.50" line. I'm going to stick with my 3-7" call, although 3" is looking less likely attm.

Hey, maybe we're in for an over performer. Aside from the Jan 2011 surprise LES event, we probably haven't had one of those since the early 2000s.

GFS bumped us a bit at 12z. Just barely get on the good side of the 0.50" line. I'm going to stick with my 3-7" call, although 3" is looking less likely attm.

Hey, maybe we're in for an over performer. Aside from the Jan 2011 surprise LES event, we probably haven't had one of those since the early 2000s.

I hear you. As I said yesterday, biggest overperformer I can remember in these parts was December 10-11,1992. Would be an interesting morning rush hour tomorrow if this storm did overperform.

I checked the accuweather forums and Brett Anderson apparently tweeted someone this morning that Newmarket could get 15cm (6").

I hear you. As I said yesterday, biggest overperformer I can remember in these parts was December 10-11,1992. Would be an interesting morning rush hour tomorrow if this storm did overperform.

I checked the accuweather forums and Brett Anderson apparently tweeted someone this morning that Newmarket could get 15cm (6").

There were some in 2001 and 2002. Feb 8, 2001 we were supposed to get 2" and a switch to PL/ZR. We ended up with 11". March 4-5, 2001 we were supposed to get either 2" or 2-4" and ended up with 9". Christmas 2002 was supposed to be brown and we ended up with 3.5".

They do happen, not recently though.

Archived