EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
December 26 - 27 Winter Storm III

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM cut back on qpf, but that was expected. Still well over 0.75" and still showing the more northerly intruding trowal. It's basically going to come down to how that trowal sets up. If it simply trains over itself on a CLE-BGM line like the GFS and GEM shows, then it'll be much drier up here, probably 2-4". If it can gain latitude like what the EURO and NAM are doing, then 6-9" is possible. I'm covering my ass and sticking with 3-7". Final call.

NAM cut back on qpf, but that was expected. Still well over 0.75" and still showing the more northerly intruding trowal. It's basically going to come down to how that trowal sets up. If it simply trains over itself on a CLE-BGM line like the GFS and GEM shows, then it'll be much drier up here, probably 2-4". If it can gain latitude like what the EURO and NAM are doing, then 6-9" is possible. I'm covering my ass and sticking with 3-7". Final call.

7" is more likely than 3"

DTW into SSC land should do well but you have to imagine the defo band is at its most dynamic right now (and earlier) and should lose some punch as the coastal transfer picks up. Either way, everything looks on track. Well forecasted storm.

Primary is so far maintaining itself (in sc/se KY), but the best 3 hour pres. falls indicating that might be short lived.

Better returns backing their way in here. Intensity ramping up. 10:00am ob below.

METAR KLAF 261454Z 02015G23KT 1/4SM +SN FZFG VV007 M02/M03 A2984 RMK AO2 SLP111 P0005 60007 T10221033 56013 $

Nice to hear things are getting cranking. Returns aren't as pristine up your way compared to around Indy so I was a bit worried.

Nice to hear things are getting cranking. Returns aren't as pristine up your way compared to around Indy so I was a bit worried.

It's efficient, even with the lesser look up this way. Needless to say, better returns are producing/real.

Though, sort of a brick wall at the county line, from getting better DBZ's in here.

I drove from Toledo to Cleveland so I could see more snow with this storm. I had the invite to stay with my relatives for later in the week anyway.

Good luck! I'm amazed at how downtown Cleveland is surprisingly busy for a normal weak after Christmas business day. Things should get bad here after lunch.

It's comical how many people think that the storm is going to miss here (after last week's partial bust and the big November bust not too surprising). The evening commute will be hell and despite the warnings people will still be caught offguard, especially the coastal folks.

Getting excited about the new convection blowing up over southern Ohio. By the time this moves into our area we should be all snow. If it is all snow we will see the snow pile up quick! Once Newark goes over to all snow I think that is the trend of the rain snow line dropping back southeast.

Meanwhile, my trees are starting to get a bit heavy from the freezing rain/sleet

post-8696-0-86125400-1356534844_thumb.jp

Wow, 3" last hour at IND...considering they were at 4" at 9:00 am. 7" storm total.

1007 AM HEAVY SNOW INDIANAPOLIS INT`L AIRP 39.72N 86.29W

12/26/2012 M7.0 INCH MARION IN OFFICIAL NWS OBS

Awesome. I was worried these rates wouldn't come to fruition. Hopefully a good sign for 2"+ / hour rates upstream.

Wow, 3" last hour at IND...considering they were at 4" at 9:00 am. 7" storm total.

1007 AM HEAVY SNOW INDIANAPOLIS INT`L AIRP 39.72N 86.29W

12/26/2012 M7.0 INCH MARION IN OFFICIAL NWS OBS

Talking to some cops, probably 1-2" here. Haven't been able to get outside yet.

Sent from my iPad HD

Ugh.... why must all snowstorms come through here in the late late night/early early morning.... cant we ever get something that starts in daylight around here... didn't think so... yeah measuring this sucker isn't gonna happen, the wind has blown it around so much, but lowballing it I'd say at least 6"... I'll take it

You guys pass around these pity forecasts like you're passing around the eggnog. :lol:

It's been rough but if I get half of that I'm on cloud 9.

What's the forecasted temperatures tonight during the snow?

Maybe you can pull off a higher snow ratio...

I'm surprised that Environment Canada hasn't issued any sort of watch for Toronto given the potential is at least there for 6". When you consider that toronto hasn't seen anything over 2" in a single snowfall for two years, youd think they'd want to at least alert people to the possibility. There's something to be said for Canadians being a lot more hesitant than our neighbours to the south!

Archived