• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
11/7 Noreaster Thread

Rib

Current Wxsim module for NW Chesco has around 6" of snow accumulating in this area....see timing and forecast below. That said I am not that sure precip really makes it this far NW. Should not have mixing issues here but getting the moisture back could be the bigger issue - Current Obs - Cloudy Temp 32.9

Start time 10am Light Snow and 34.8

1pm - Heavy Snow (32.4)

4pm - Heavy Snow (31.5)

7pm - Mod Snow (31.2)

10pm-Mod Snow (31.7)

1am - Lt Snow (32.0)

if this correct then i'm guessing schools will be letting out early

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 6z GFS ens mean went a little drier on the western fringe FWIW. The 6z RGEM was a bit odd suddenly going much drier. RAP (I think old RUC) also has suddenly shifted east a bit on its last few runs (updates every hour). Kind of worry-some...THe radar looks a bit farther East than I had hoped.

I'm still mostly dismissing it, since it's on its own, but given that we're in its window, you have to give it some credence. I don't even know what to do with it, tbh. I kinda liked the 6z GFS, personally.

http://wxcaster.com/...3?STATIONID=DIX

That map does look reasonable. It fits in with current public warnings pretty well (and your call from yesterday as well). The nam was pretty good at this very short range with the Big Ones in 09-10 iirc, so it does give pause a bit. I suppose if it's similar at 12z, and in line with obs, totals may need to be bumped up in certain areas. Should be an awesome commute out of the city later...

That map does look reasonable. It fits in with current public warnings pretty well (and your call from yesterday as well). The nam was pretty good at this very short range with the Big Ones in 09-10 iirc, so it does give pause a bit. I suppose if it's similar at 12z, and in line with obs, totals may need to be bumped up in certain areas. Should be an awesome commute out of the city later...

Yea it comes down to the 12z NAM, I will say personally I'm concerned with some East trends I'm seeing on a few short term models. I think NAM will dial down (though i hope not ;))

The whole thing should pivot more to the NW and W so we'll see how the trends go. That stationary band marks the edge of the best echoes and not much will get past it until the whole thing changes orientation a bit. Gun to head would favor best areas near and east of DE valley...maybe NJ especially, but that band in southern NJ may be a mesoscale band that builds towards Philly in a few hours. I wouldn't radar hallucinate quite yet as this storm will slow and get captured. This is when echoes will return west.

The whole thing should pivot more to the NW and W so we'll see how the trends go. That stationary band marks the edge of the best echoes and not much will get past it until the whole thing changes orientation a bit. Gun to head would favor best areas near and east of DE valley...maybe NJ especially, but that band in southern NJ may be a mesoscale band that builds towards Philly in a few hours. I wouldn't radar hallucinate quite yet as this storm will slow and get captured. This is when echoes will return west.

Seriously? This is starting already?

gfs_namer_012_700_rh_ht.gif

00z GFS at 12z just starting showing the better UVV moving into S. Jersey. Sort of matches up with the radar now. It's not til between 15z-18z does that stuff expand into eastern PA and northern Jersey. Patience people. If the radar doesn't look juicier by lunchtime, then start worrying smile.png

http://www.goes.noaa...LOOPS/ecwv.html

wv loop looks good. you can see the clouds tops firing up around the cetner ol LP in the atlantic and the energy diving down in TN river valley that will evetually capture this. LP placement looks about spot on with the latest GFS and NAM runs.

Last few frames there it looks like it just got captured and is starting a NNW track.

Seriously? This is starting already?

00z GFS at 12z just starting showing the better UVV moving into S. Jersey. Sort of matches up with the radar now. It's not til between 15z-18z does that stuff expand into eastern PA and northern Jersey. Patience people. If the radar doesn't look juicier by lunchtime, then start worrying smile.png

Ha I remember when people started calling bust 2 years ago before the snow bomb ended up dumping 12-18 inches in a 6 hour period. You can't use the word patience and snow in the same thought.

Yea Parsley 12z NAM limits the western extent of the precip but still a lot more snow in philly than any other model still some lift going on @ 15 hours over the area. I would take this 100%

The cutoff will be dramatic, reminds me of Dec 26th, 2010 (with less over moisture). I remember driving back from western PA for Christmas, there was a dusting as for west as Lancaster, PA.....then several inches in the Delaware Valley with even more in interior NJ.

Looks like the drastic cutoff setting itself up across SE PA (Rt 476 or Rt 100?)

Ha I remember when people started calling bust 2 years ago before the snow bomb ended up dumping 12-18 inches in a 6 hour period. You can't use the word patience and snow in the same thought.

Yup. Might be best for some people to not look at any radars til after lunch........and reaccess things. :)

The cutoff will be dramatic, reminds me of Dec 26th, 2010 (with less over moisture). I remember driving back from western PA for Christmas, there was a dusting as for west as Lancaster, PA.....then several inches in the Delaware Valley with even more in interior NJ.

Looks like the drastic cutoff setting itself up across SE PA (Rt 476 or Rt 100?)

This. I drove back at midnight from Lancaster to Philly and once I got off Rt. 30 and onto Rt. 202 the roads got interesting quickly.

Archived