• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2012 Fall Foliage Photos/video (your best TWO!).

Have to say the aspens against cobalt blue skies in CO are amazing, especially if a few have some orange in them, but that picture of Vernon CT with the red maples against the white pines in about 3 weeks will put it all to shame. The frost in the high valleys, when it starts, really makes the leaves turn quick. Send us a follow-up!

Ok, I'll stick to our subforum where people know me (us) and the response time should be faster. Thanks.
You are fine Tony asking for pics here as well. There is no rules about that. Hope you are doing well.
Yes, please don't take what I'm saying as you can't ask here. Just the way you worded your question it seems as though you were asking the site owners for permission to use the images when they legally can't give you the permission to use them, they (as the site) don't own the images, the original photographer/creator does. That is just how copyright law works. It would be like asking YouTube (aka Google) permission to use a video from one of their users outside the YouTube environment. Just wanted to make sure you were on top of that. If you were, a good post for general education reasons too.

• 2 weeks later...

Foliage peaked last week along the rivers, such as here in Winding River Park, Toms River,NJ.

Other than that the upland woods on the north shore of LI havent seen that much color, could be a dull year due to the mild fall, and the prospect of a storm coming up the coast. Many of the Oaks are just losing their leaves without changing, ditto for the Maples. Best color I've seen so far is what I have pictured below.

post-5434-0-67280000-1351125230_thumb.jp

post-5434-0-89222000-1351125251_thumb.jp

These two are from Turkey Swamp Park in Freehold,NJ. The Swamp Maples and Sassafras trees are the most brilliant. Not getting this kind of color here on Long Island, not yet anyway. I've seen some nice color on the NYS DOT webcams up in Westchester, but who knows what will be left by next week.

post-5434-0-05921300-1351125990_thumb.jp

post-5434-0-48297800-1351125996_thumb.jp

Archived