Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Post Hurricane Ernesto Discussion

WilkesboroDude

Interesting solution to say the least!

We could use a weaker system maybe striking north-east Florida moving inland. Lot's of interesting solutions out there today.

Today's solutions were interesting for a change, and yes I know they will change a million times in the next 10 days...but at least it will distract me from the weather bordom I have been experienceing lately :lol:

I wouldn't mind seeing another Frances for some drought busting rains.

Yeah after nearly 10 inches of rain in July, I wouldn't mind another 1-2 feet of rain from a tropical system. The flooding here in Western North Carolina was the big story from Frances that got completely missed on a national level because every media outlet in America was on their knees in love with Florida.

A lot of shear in the western Caribbean Gulf per satellite and upper charts. It is not forecast to relax. Like NHC weakening trends in their forecast. Figure this thing won't survive the trip past Cuba - if it even strengthens. Only a track into Central America would allow it to survive. Wait, it has not even become a TS yet! Natural gas market agrees. Down in the face of another low injection. Sell the storm!

Edit: Natty down again! Corrections to forecast above.

Ernesto looks like one of those classic Eastern Carribean storms that is trying its best to make it through the weekend and into the Western Carib. so it can really begin to take off.

Would like to see it slow down a little in the next day or two before running into Central America...if it can slow down, I see a "primed" GOM being in play.

Latest sat pics show it really getting its act togeher fast, Its slowing down somewhat in forward motion. The more it intensifies the better chance for it to catch the weakness in the ridges and pull NW as NHC alluded to in their 11 pm discussion. I'd be getting redy to put my A game on for prepardness on the TX/LA coast by the end of the weekend. Plenty of fuel for the fire looking at sst's. Sheer/minor dry air short term or the yucatan penisula may be the only speed bumps that can slow him down now. The NW Yucatan I'd say stands about an 80% chance of taken a direct hit from a major. If he does manage to avoid a direct hit of the Yucatan, then it's probably gonna be lights out for someone the Gulf coast.

usatlant.cf.gif

Archived