• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Mt. Holly Severe Threats

I didn't expect so much clearing in central PA , could get nasty the next few hours.

Thought maybe they'd go with a short-fuse mod risk @ 12:30 , but I guess not.

ADDITIONALLY...ASCENT WILL NOT BE PARTICULARLY FOCUSED ALONG THE COLD FRONT...SUCH THAT THE AFOREMENTIONED WIND/THERMODYNAMIC PROFILES WILL FAVOR A MESSY CONVECTIVE EVOLUTION WITH A MIX OF CLUSTERS/LINE SEGMENTS EXPECTED ALONG AND WELL E OF THE COLD FRONT. DAMAGING WINDS APPEAR TO BE THE MOST PROBABLE THREAT...

http://www.spc.noaa....k/day1otlk.html

EDIT: very heavy rain right now..

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe it's all or nothing on the counties with regard to watches.

Convective watches are for the entire county, so Burlington county was left out at this point.

Oops, my bad. Thanks for the clarification. It looked like kind of an odd exclusion given the other counties included, and the path of the line (so far)...

Not much of anything up here. A few rumbles of thunder and some moderate rain at the immediate moment.

And that was that. The warning for the area from CTP sounded ominous mentioning 60mph gusts, intense lightning, and quarter sized hail. I just made a fool out of myself at an outdoor party, telling everyone what was coming. We got nothing more than a plain old thundershower.

And that was that. The warning for the area from CTP sounded ominous mentioning 60mph gusts, intense lightning, and quarter sized hail. I just made a fool out of myself at an outdoor party, telling everyone what was coming. We got nothing more than a plain old thundershower.

Been there before bro, it happens...my fiance already thinks im nuts

Pocono Raceway likely getting hammered right now. A NASCAR race

being run there means a lot fans in the path of the storm. Damaging

winds are porbably occurring close to where the track is located.

NWS Mount Holly is in contact with them all day.

what you have to take from those warnings, is that not every locale in that warning area is going to get those kinds of winds. They mention it is capable of producing those kinds of winds and hail from areas previously hit. When you get straight line wind damge its very sporadic. Unless you have a derecho coming in where its just a wall of wind, must of the time the high wind areas are very isolated.

what you have to take from those warnings, is that not every locale in that warning area is going to get those kinds of winds. They mention it is capable of producing those kinds of winds and hail from areas previously hit. When you get straight line wind damge its very sporadic. Unless you have a derecho coming in where its just a wall of wind, must of the time the high wind areas are very isolated.

Oh, I understand that, but the line when it was along I-81 looked solid, then just kind of fell apart in the local region. We seriously got nothing more than a thundershower. It rained for about 10 minutes, had about 5 rumbles of thunder, and no wind at all.

I noticed all the severe thunderstorm warnings say the same thing, 60 mph winds, hail, lightning. Most severe warned storms don't produce 60 mph winds or hail. We really need another category of severe thunderstorm warnings to differentiate between the storms that actually have a history of damage.

I noticed all the severe thunderstorm warnings say the same thing, 60 mph winds, hail, lightning. Most severe warned storms don't produce 60 mph winds or hail. We really need another category of severe thunderstorm warnings to differentiate between the storms that actually have a history of damage.

These do...and it's been almost all wind so far.

Archived