Newest Member
    northernriwx
Mt. Holly Severe Threats

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0.32" + rainbow. :)

Bet you it ends at a chic Fil a ! Haha.

It's funny watching the storm tracks today. Ive seen storms head N,S,E,W. no directional winds I push them, so they follow their own outflow boundaries. Kinda like a dog chasing its own tail.

The development of the storm here in northeast Philadelphia which is now falling apart was pretty cool started out with cumulus here at 3:30ish then thunderheads by 4pm then poof radar exploded and it moved south. Got a little over 1.50 here in NE Philly most which was within 45 mins. There was some wind with the cell but nothing major maybe 30mph gust out of the north. Now just a steady light rain again.

Bet you it ends at a chic Fil a ! Haha.

It's funny watching the storm tracks today. Ive seen storms head N,S,E,W. no directional winds I push them, so they follow their own outflow boundaries. Kinda like a dog chasing its own tail.

There is a Chic Fil A in Royersford :)

Storms have been crazy today. Impossible to figure out.

Hi.

post-105-0-11545700-1343988471_thumb.jpg

That's a ballsy day 3 outlook for a NE/MA. Raw numbers support it. Pretty decent LLJ in place where that. 30% Risk is. Could be a tornado potential. A

Haven't looked at the 0z-6z runs yet, so not sure how they trended with the Synoptics, but I'm assuming with the above mentioned outlook, they looked pretty solid.

As far as SEPA, not liking the timing of the fropa. 0z nam brings it in overnight Sunday into monday 3z-12z.

That's a ballsy day 3 outlook for a NE/MA. Raw numbers support it. Pretty decent LLJ in place where that. 30% Risk is. Could be a tornado potential. A

Haven't looked at the 0z-6z runs yet, so not sure how they trended with the Synoptics, but I'm assuming with the above mentioned outlook, they looked pretty solid.

As far as SEPA, not liking the timing of the fropa. 0z nam brings it in overnight Sunday into monday 3z-12z.

Isn't this 3 day outlook similar to the one for the 7/26 event? That one played out nice (if you like severe storms and wind damage) in some areas.

Might see a few isolated severe storms mainly west of the Philly but even the city could see a storm or 2. Instability right now is fairly high and we got good vertical shear going for us with the best of this being just west. Main area I am watching right now is PA turnpike on south where some development is starting to occurring. To go with this there could also be very heavy rainfall as the spc 4km wrf does hint as some training.

http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/mmb/mpyle/spcprod/12/nmmwrf.pcp_animate_1h.html

Might see a few isolated severe storms mainly west of the Philly but even the city could see a storm or 2. Instability right now is fairly high and we got good vertical shear going for us with the best of this being just west. Main area I am watching right now is PA turnpike on south where some development is starting to occurring. To go with this there could also be very heavy rainfall as the spc 4km wrf does hint as some training.

http://www.emc.ncep....animate_1h.html

-9 LI and 4500 capes where those storms just popped up.

impressive.

Archived