Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mt. Holly Severe Threats

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was sitting here and one of those small storms moved in. The other ones had no lightning, just downpours. I hear a downpour, assume it's just another downpour all of a sudden, *CRASH* right outside my window. I didn't even see the lightning. Scared the heck out of me.

Just had that happen here. was up to 0.90 for the system last I checked though just had the heaviest downpour of the day so probably well over that now. For the month already 3+ inches of rain. and late next week through next weekend looks super stormy and wet.

Another one now up. Yep I agree the Flash flood watch should of been south. too late now.

FLOOD ADVISORY

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

1238 AM EDT MON AUG 6 2012

NJC001-005-007-011-015-029-033-060730-

/O.NEW.KPHI.FA.Y.0130.120806T0438Z-120806T0730Z/

/00000.N.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/

CAMDEN NJ-GLOUCESTER NJ-BURLINGTON NJ-ATLANTIC NJ-OCEAN NJ-SALEM NJ-

CUMBERLAND NJ-

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY NJ HAS ISSUED AN

* URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOOD ADVISORY FOR...

CAMDEN COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...

EASTERN GLOUCESTER COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...

BURLINGTON COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...

NORTHWESTERN ATLANTIC COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...

CENTRAL OCEAN COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...

SOUTHEASTERN SALEM COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...

CUMBERLAND COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...

* UNTIL 330 AM EDT

* AT 1236 AM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED

AN AREA OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORM WITH VERY HEAVY RAIN MOVING

THROUGH SOUTHWEST NEW JERSEY. AS MUCH AS 2 INCHES OF RAIN COULD

FALL WITH THE SHOWERS AND STORMS.

THIS MUCH RAIN WILL RESULT IN STREET FLOODING...AS WELL AS SHARP

RISES ON CREEKS AND STREAMS.

Another one now up. Yep I agree the Flash flood watch should of been south. too late now.

FLOOD ADVISORY

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

NJC001-005-007-011-015-029-033-060730-

/O.NEW.KPHI.FA.Y.0130.120806T0438Z-120806T0730Z/

/00000.N.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/

CAMDEN NJ-GLOUCESTER NJ-BURLINGTON NJ-ATLANTIC NJ-OCEAN NJ-SALEM NJ-

CUMBERLAND NJ-

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY NJ HAS ISSUED AN

* URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOOD ADVISORY FOR...

CAMDEN COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...

EASTERN GLOUCESTER COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...

BURLINGTON COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...

NORTHWESTERN ATLANTIC COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...

CENTRAL OCEAN COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...

SOUTHEASTERN SALEM COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...

CUMBERLAND COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...

* UNTIL 330 AM EDT

* AT 1236 AM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED

AN AREA OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORM WITH VERY HEAVY RAIN MOVING

THROUGH SOUTHWEST NEW JERSEY. AS MUCH AS 2 INCHES OF RAIN COULD

FALL WITH THE SHOWERS AND STORMS.

THIS MUCH RAIN WILL RESULT IN STREET FLOODING...AS WELL AS SHARP

RISES ON CREEKS AND STREAMS.

Still getting absolutely dumped on down here, cell after cell keeps training over the area. Looks like it may be finally be pushing east though. Good, get rid of this damn humidity.

I even tweeted Pocono Raceway and Brandon, the president of Pocono BEFORE the warning was issued...because my friend was west of there and called me and said it's the craziest lightning storm he's ever been in...moments after I tweeted them, they issued tweets and PA annoncements warning of the storm....yet NASCAR kept the cars on the track.... WHAT GIVES???????? IfNASCAR had halted the race, it would have given people in the stands a reason to believe what was coming...

They have an idiotic system in place regarding determining severe weather impacts...the track owners determine evacs due to weather and NASCAR determines whether the race goes or not. It should be a singular decision...either track or NASCAR can pull the trigger on calling the race due to weather.

I'm curious to know how much communication the track put out over the PA system...they're saying they broadcast a couple of warnings about the storm coming in over the PA but also over twitter/fb.

Took several pictures earlier this evening our at Valley Forge. Nothing severe but had a decent gust front. post-5452-13442169437.jpgpost-5452-134421695742.jpgpost-5452-134421696883.jpg

Even my dog helped keep an eye on things post-5452-134421699597.jpg

Our Boston Terrier used to hate thunderstorms. Nice pictures. This was our first CoCoRahs/Wxcoder morning report that we reached 1.00" of rain or greater (ok 1.01") since late April.

This is my first Boston...love him to death. I call him my storm chaser. If I have our balcony door open and there is a storm in the distance he goes out and looks up at the sky like "hey, what's going on?" He seemed to be fine yesterday until the gust front was right on top of us and then he keep pulling us towards the car like he was ready to leave.

The gust front was pretty awesome coming through Valley Forge I must say...I think I found the perfect spot to go watch storms from now on.

Our Boston Terrier used to hate thunderstorms. Nice pictures. This was our first CoCoRahs/Wxcoder morning report that we reached 1.00" of rain or greater (ok 1.01") since late April.

Nice shot of your Boston too!! I have two of them, great dogs. One is actually hiding under her blanket, close CTG strike.

This is my first Boston...love him to death. I call him my storm chaser. If I have our balcony door open and there is a storm in the distance he goes out and looks up at the sky like "hey, what's going on?" He seemed to be fine yesterday until the gust front was right on top of us and then he keep pulling us towards the car like he was ready to leave.

The gust front was pretty awesome coming through Valley Forge I must say...I think I found the perfect spot to go watch storms from now on.

Valley forge has great views but little to no cover but for inside a vehicle.

I agree...we parked in the parking lot next to the Arch and walked across the road to a field for pictures. I felt like that kept us close enough to the car yet I could get some nice pictures. I couldn't believe the number of people still running/riding bikes that acted like they had no clue a storm was coming. I kept checking the radar on my iphone and made the decision to get back in the car when the gust front was approaching and could hear the thunder becoming more frequent.

Valley forge has great views but little to no cover but for inside a vehicle.

I agree...we parked in the parking lot next to the Arch and walked across the road to a field for pictures. I felt like that kept us close enough to the car yet I could get some nice pictures. I couldn't believe the number of people still running/riding bikes that acted like they had no clue a storm was coming. I kept checking the radar on my iphone and made the decision to get back in the car when the gust front was approaching and could hear the thunder becoming more frequent.

A lot of lightning? Or they were distant?

Archived