wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
JULY 2012 Severe Weather /Convection Discussion

NEG NAO

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i doubt we see anything, we never destabalized like those areas did. Uptons sounding had terrible cape. You can already see the line dying pushing south, but as usual, danbury getting hit hard again. T

Danbury is always a good spot for T-storms. Also great in winter time

Not overly impressed with the threat. could see some scattered severe reports and very heavy rain where the storms sit...PW values are very high as posted earlier. Organization of storms remains somewhat poor.

Agreed. As soon as I felt that brisk east wind even when the sun broke out for a minute outside of the drizzle, I put a fork in this threat. If feels so raw outside. We can't always rely on MLCAPE to bail us out from poor lapse rates.

not sure where your located trials but what you said is a 100% true for western li we never destabilize enough and I felt the same thing when I left my house a couple of min ago I knew there was no chance for us today there's no sun and it's cool out not sure what the watch is all about ESP for western li

GET OFF THE BEACHES AND RIDES IN SOUTHERN MONMOUTH AND NORTHERN OCEAN !

LETS SEE IF SEASIDE GETS HIT YOU CAN SEE THE STORM CLOUDS TO THE NORTH

http://www.exit82.com/seacam/cam1.html

WUUS51 KPHI 281643

SVRPHI

NJC025-029-281745-

/O.NEW.KPHI.SV.W.0132.120728T1643Z-120728T1745Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

1243 PM EDT SAT JUL 28 2012

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY NJ HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

SOUTHERN MONMOUTH COUNTY IN CENTRAL NEW JERSEY...

NORTHERN OCEAN COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...

THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF TOMS RIVER...

* UNTIL 145 PM EDT

* AT 1240 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

LINE OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE

HAIL...AND DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THESE STORMS

WERE LOCATED ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM 11 MILES NORTH OF TOMS

RIVER TO TOMS RIVER TO 9 MILES SOUTHWEST OF TOMS RIVER TO 15

MILES SOUTHWEST OF TOMS RIVER...AND MOVING EAST AT 25 MPH.

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE NEAR...

HOWELL...BROOKVILLE AND BEACHWOOD AROUND 1250 PM EDT...

TOMS RIVER AND BRICK TOWNSHIP AROUND 1255 PM EDT...

BARNEGAT...POINT PLEASANT BEACH AND MANTOLOKING AROUND 105 PM

EDT...

MANASQUAN AROUND 110 PM EDT...

BELMAR AROUND 115 PM EDT...

They issue one everyday for everybody....I guess they figure the more thay issue the better chance they have of getting one right!They had ne under an extreme heat warning yesterday and I only got up to 88....lol

Suspect heavy rain and localized flash flooding the greatest threat today. Some small hail and boarder line severe winds possible but only expecting isolated reports.of that. 0.75" in the bucket in the past hour! Some nice rumbles too!

They issue one everyday for everybody....I guess they figure the more thay issue the better chance they have of getting one right!They had ne under an extreme heat warning yesterday and I only got up to 88....lol

A severe warning gets issued everyday for the whole country? lol If you think they are so bad, why don't you try forecasting? That would be hilarious to watch. And lol at some completely throwing in the towel at 2:45pm. Yes, the best parameters are towards the west of you guys, but there's still over 5 hours of peak heating left. And that cloud cover sure as hell didn't stop those C/E Long Island storms earlier today. Yes, everywhere won't see severe, that's usual, but to guarantee you won't see storms this early in the day is frigging stupid. You guys are talking about how the mets are leaving these threads now, and how you all thought Earthlight was boycotting earlier today, well start policing yourselves, and clean the crap up. I know there's good posters in this region.

A severe warning gets issued everyday for the whole country? lol If you think they are so bad, why don't you try forecasting? That would be hilarious to watch. And lol at some completely throwing in the towel at 2:45pm. Yes, the best parameters are towards the west of you guys, but there's still over 5 hours of peak heating left. And that cloud cover sure as hell didn't stop those C/E Long Island storms earlier today. Yes, everywhere won't see severe, that's usual, but to guarantee you won't see storms this early in the day is frigging stupid. You guys are talking about how the mets are leaving these threads now, and how you all thought Earthlight was boycotting earlier today, well start policing yourselves, and clean the crap up. I know there's good posters in this region.

Maybe if you could read properly you would understand that I meant in general that they issue warnings for places that are not needed, today obviously is too early to tell. As far as forecasting goes they had me under an extreme heat warning at 88 yesterday...........lol.

Maybe if you could read properly you would understand that I meant in general that they issue warnings for places that are not needed, today obviously is too early to tell. As far as forecasting goes they had me under an extreme heat warning at 88 yesterday...........lol.

Also was'nt talking about the whole country just the mt holly region, in this day of budget cutting by the feds makes you wonder why private forecasters could'nt do better as with most of goverment per say!

Also was'nt talking about the whole country just the mt holly region, in this day of budget cutting by the feds makes you wonder why private forecasters could'nt do better as with most of goverment per say!

You've been complaining about NWS busting in your backyard for over a month now in the PHL subforum, it's predictable you think private companies would do better.

Here in lk hopatcong we had amazing ctg and abot 1.93 in of rain. No power and looks like we might have round 2 coming.

Watching radar over past several hours not surprised about your higher totals despite the fact you are probably only a few miles SE of me. The definitely were some nice cg's earlier. So much for dinning outdoors this evening.

Archived