Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Euro has backed off a bit for Wednesday (mid 90's)...still shows a few upper 90's on Thursday.

GFS is 94 and 95 respectively.

My guess would be 95 on Wednesday, 96 on Thursday.

We might not have a heat wave though before all is done...front might slip through late Thursday night to prevent 90 @ PHL on Friday.

This is why seeing some TV types get hypish over "heat waves" is sorta dumb. The 90 degree definition is kinda soft given our average high in July isn't far from that mark. Should be defined as either two or more of 95+ or three straight of 93+...something that can account for magnitude and duration...but not be "cheap" if the three days are 90, 91, and 90 and humidity levels are low.

I totally agree for philly today 3 straight days of 90 + is not a heat wave for late june through late august.. Your criteria of 3 straight days of 93 or better is more appropiate.

Wife's reading that. Never seen her so absorbed in a book. Brought her a coil

of rope from the shed as I heard hardware stores were running out because of the book...

:lmao:

By the way, I can tell autumn is right around the corner.....the nursery who owns the land behind my property it putting 1000's of baby mum pots out to start their growing process so they'll be ready to bloom in September/October.

Skies still overcast here, but temperatures are rising into the upper 70s.

Once the air conditioning is fixed in my car (should be done by tomorrow - I hope!), then mid-90's temps won't be too horrible.

Just found out the repair shop needs to order an A/C part for my car that won't be in until Friday. So yeah...mid-90's for the next few days will not be fun.

Finally hit 81 at Northeast Philly airport. Now 82 here at my house sun is out fully with just a few cumulus clouds now.

As for tomorrow morning with the high dew points humidity and rather warm morning temps dense fog could be an issue in some places. However with that said it should burn off rather fast.

One last interesting thing as for the storms Thursday evening into Friday with the high dew point heat and humidity we could see convection presist through the night as this is a rather good set up for elevated instability to remain in place. Wont be much in the way of severe but more of the elevated variety with very heavy rain fall falling with any storm.

Finally hit 81 at Northeast Philly airport. Now 82 here at my house sun is out fully with just a few cumulus clouds now.

As for tomorrow morning with the high dew points humidity and rather warm morning temps dense fog could be an issue in some places. However with that said it should burn off rather fast.

One last interesting thing as for the storms Thursday evening into Friday with the high dew point heat and humidity we could see convection presist through the night as this is a rather good set up for elevated instability to remain in place. Wont be much in the way of severe but more of the elevated variety with very heavy rain fall falling with any storm.

Rain = good. My parents are in a deficit for the month :(

That hill always looks nice after the mums bloom.

Yeah, they just ripped out all the pansies they put on it back in March.

Amazing watching the high school kids set the 1,000s of pots up on irrigation system (probably making $8-10 per hour), only to see the nursery sell each single pot for anywhere from $5-$20 a pot in autumn. Talking about knowing how to make $$$$$

Archived