Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0.04" here. I've been suspicious for a while that I'm reading rainfall too low, because it was quite heavy here for a few minutes around 6:15.

like ray said, invest in a cheap bucket gauge.....Home Depot has some for $5. While not "official" they are good to compare. I don't trust my digital rain gauge alone either.

Well I am now down to 2 solid camera's one with audio issues and one with some slight dis colorization but they both take good video and the 3rd camera is sorta ok but tends to fog up quickly. This is coming from someone who went all out to get 6 camera's total then back down to the original 2 that i worked up to after my epic fail in talleyville,de. Now the quest is to get camera's with HD video quality that can also take being out in the rain and such and handle the abuse. I found pentax is my best option with 720p which is low end HD video but still is HD. Cant believe that I am now down to 3 camera's with 2 of them really working without major issues but for minor ones. Cant complain though because the original 2 did great and all and still work and have been abused more then the other camera's i have yet still work and take good video.

Just gonna throw this one out there Lee. What if, and hypothetically of course, instead of you buying 6 cameras, why not buy 1 good camera?! Amiright?

The chase we did should have showed him you don't need 800 cameras to get good footage. He was beyond surprised he got the footage he did with only one camera.

Lightning is a 360 degree thing. Using one camera in one direction only covers so much view, with 4 i can cover almost 300 degrees of sky view and land to see where a lightning bolt struck. Say i point only in one direction and the bolts come down in the other direction, now i would have missed it, like what if 5 or more bolts struck in the wrong direction like in one awesome shot as i have seen in pictures i would have missed said shot. For good storm chasing yes 1 or 2 is perfectly fine for a tornado or hail, but for lightning it takes multiple angles. But yes Ryan is right i was totally amazed it only took ONE camera to do the job and film our EF1 tornado.

Lightning is a 360 degree thing. Using one camera in one direction only covers so much view, with 4 i can cover almost 300 degrees of sky view and land to see where a lightning bolt struck. Say i point only in one direction and the bolts come down in the other direction, now i would have missed it, like what if 5 or more bolts struck in the wrong direction like in one awesome shot as i have seen in pictures i would have missed said shot. For good storm chasing yes 1 or 2 is perfectly fine for a tornado or hail, but for lightning it takes multiple angles. But yes Ryan is right i was totally amazed it only took ONE camera to do the job and film our EF1 tornado.

This isn't the flat lonely plains out here.... You don't get too many angles... But please, do you're own thing

maybe im wrong, but lightning is only going to occur where the storm is or coming from...so if its comming from the sw you should only be looking towards the sw. Then you just follow the storm motion withe camera

maybe im wrong, but lightning is only going to occur where the storm is or coming from...so if its comming from the sw you should only be looking towards the sw. Then you just follow the storm motion withe camera

I have gotten lightning ahead and off to the sides of the storm i have noted this over and over.

Yeah but then I would have to go outside and check it. :P

No I might though. I just don't know how much I want to invest into my system (like finally moving it onto the roof) since I might not even be living here next summer.

$25 ain't that much. Well, unless you're a poor college student. ;)

I think Lee wants to be sitting in a car in the middle of the storm and hopefully not miss any of the lightning hitting on all sides ;)

doubtful, unless it really slows down. that ull thats bringing the cool weather in from mon on till wed which is being blocked by a -nao will force debby ots.

probably back in the 80's on thursday...perhaps upper 80s if the GFS ends up with "win" for the ULL.

doubtful, unless it really slows down. that ull thats bringing the cool weather in from mon on till thurs which is being blocked by a -nao will force debby ots.

I agree with the - NAO but if Debby stalls in the gulf- all bets are off. The weekend high will force Debbie along the coast. Better hope it does not or we will have another Irene on our hands. I also hope that the remnants do not leave us soggy for the next storm to form in the gulf. JB says it is going NE for what what is worth. For once I agree

I agree with the - NAO but if Debby stalls in the gulf- all bets are off. The weekend high will force Debbie along the coast. Better hope it does not or we will have another Irene on our hands. I also hope that the remnants do not leave us soggy for the next storm to form in the gulf. JB says it is going NE for what what is worth. For once I agree

You sir are a riot. :clap:

I know you guys are full in the office, but can we please please PLEASE let him forecast for a week??!! Just an internship kinda deal

If you mean my office (which is full), I think we'd rather not pay him to come out to Elko. ;)

Mt. Holly is not full.

:facepalm:

If you mean my office (which is full), I think we'd rather not pay him to come out to Elko. ;)

Mt. Holly is not full.

Thanks for the offer but sitting in the desert is not my bag. I lived in Newhall Ca for many years. Shaking your head was the same response when I called Irene and its record flooding last year. This storm bears watching- not for the storm itself but for the remnants. Traveling up the spine of the Apps just is not cool. especially if slowly falls apart. Reminds me alot of the W Virginia flooding many years ago Fran or Isabel

Archived