• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter thread

the long range models are showing the front coming through on sunday that pushes south lifts back north next week and stalls in the area. 0z euro shows the front lifting north around the wed timeframe. It dumps 4-6 inches of rain on the region with the most in the central del to eastern shore of md.

Rain is welcome, but not that much all at once.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, nice.

Weather-related... my point-and-click forecast has been having technical issues for the past day or two. I'm guessing it has to do with the new site design.

Nope, there was an issue here at the office that was not allowing our digital database to upload to the web. If that occurs for a time, the forecasts usually revert to the zone forecast text product. Looks like it was fixed today.

Nope, there was an issue here at the office that was not allowing our digital database to upload to the web. If that occurs for a time, the forecasts usually revert to the zone forecast text product. Looks like it was fixed today.

Yes but the zone forecast interface was apparently never re-coded, so you get the old site with the new heading and text and empty space everywhere. I tried to leave a comment but apparently the period for user comments has closed.

Yes but the zone forecast interface was apparently never re-coded, so you get the old site with the new heading and text and empty space everywhere. I tried to leave a comment but apparently the period for user comments has closed.

The old site also had empty spaces such as the icons at the top of the page when the zone forecast was being displayed.

If you see web page issues, you can always send an email to this address (for my office):

[email protected]

The GFS continues to go bonkers next week keep in mind some of this is from Sunday total qpf though 192 moisture will really be pumped along this front once it gets south of us then comes back. Interested to see if the euro goes wet again. We do need the rain but I would assume the length and amounts as usual would get cut back some.

gfs_namer_192_precip_ptot.gif

For what it is worth the GFS right after this has another small stormy period.

Think it's a safe bet to say tomorrow will be the hottest day of the ENTIRE summer?

Last year our hottest stretch was the July 22nd-23rd. The year before that it was July 6th-7th

Climo suggest both time frames are around peak for high temperatures.

I'll say yes, tomorrow is the hottest day of the summer. We'll see....

Seems like there's a pseudo-dry line around metro Philly... PHL, PNE, LOM, VAY, DYL, TTN all in the 40s for dewpoints... while ILG, PTW, MQS, ACY, RDG in the 60s.

didn't even need a towel when you got out of the pool afternoon & you actually got chilly from the instant evaporation - as close to AZ summer as you get around here

it can easily be 100 later this summer

Sure......it can, but it hasn't been 100 at PHL in August in over 5 years. My question earlier was asking if Saturday will be the hottest day of 2012. I guess it's only early July so maybe something sets up again in a few weeks before days starting getting shorter and we lose the full power of the sun.

Sure......it can, but it hasn't been 100 at PHL in August in over 5 years. My question earlier was asking if Saturday will be the hottest day of 2012. I guess it's only early July so maybe something sets up again in a few weeks before days starting getting shorter and we lose the full power of the sun.

Philadelphia has officially recorded 100 degrees on 61 occasions:

June - 10, last recorded 6/19/1994

July - 39, last recorded 7/23/2011

AUG - 9, last recorded 8/9/2001

SEPT - 3, last recorded 9/3/1953

Listed below are the 100 degree observations by date:

Another climo factor besides time of year is it's rare to record 100 during seperate heat waves during the same year, I believe it's happened on only 5 occasions in 138 yrs, in 1988 PHL recorded 100 during 3 seperate heat waves

post-1715-0-48677100-1341631185_thumb.jp

it can easily be 100 later this summer

Once we a get decent areawide rainfall, I think it's going to be tough to achieve 100 again this summer.

91 yesterday in NW Chesco, for my 10th 90+ this summer. Looking for 97 today IMBY.

79/71 out right now and already miserable. Looking forward to the first frost...

Philadelphia has officially recorded 100 degrees on 61 occasions:

June - 10, last recorded 6/19/1994

July - 39, last recorded 7/23/2011

AUG - 9, last recorded 8/9/2001

SEPT - 3, last recorded 9/3/1953

Listed below are the 100 degree observations by date:

Another climo factor besides time of year is it's rare to record 100 during seperate heat waves during the same year, I believe it's happened on only 5 occasions in 138 yrs, in 1988 PHL recorded 100 during 3 seperate heat waves

Good stuff.

Amazing to see the drop off once August arrives. In reality it makes sense.....but even I am a little shocked by the lack of 100 degree days in August for PHL.

Archived