• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Doldrums continued.

CoastalWx

LOL, being a piece of flotsam and being pile driven into the rocks and shells doesn't do it for me. The video would be better if a pod of Orcas started tossing those guys around like a seals just before they're devoured. I'll stick to skilled sports. Pfft.

I would be picking up your flailed limp skeleton if you dared even enter the water when huge swells hit. That is if we could find your body. Skill sports like Golf, ah the old guys sport.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Pete...I've done Whistler and the Beach. While I inherently think chicks who ski are more attractive, take that away and we've got thick chicks with thunder thighs.

Granted there are true beauties out there that ski, just like there are chubby bunnies at the beach, but raw talent will always be near water.

Up here we are left fighting for a handful of hot sporty skiers, and the gorgeous international 20-22 year old girls that come to work for the summer and/or winter. Thank god for the international girls because European college girls all look like models who haven't discovered fast food. It can be quite startling to compare to their American counter parts.

One word, Norwegians.

Here's some of the very things shot photos about a month ago in the Estes Park vicinity.

18dad8de-3c81-8c7b.jpg

I got to Estes Park for the first time at like 2 AM and there was literally 40 or so elk standing between the parking lot and the entry to my hotel.

After waiting for about 15 minutes I realized they weren't going anywhere and I had to fookin wade right through the herd, luggage and all.

Next night I went to the bar, had a couple... walked out to find a big male walking right up the sidewalk toward me. Went back in and had another.

I got to Estes Park for the first time at like 2 AM and there was literally 40 or so elk standing between the parking lot and the entry to my hotel.

After waiting for about 15 minutes I realized they weren't going anywhere and I had to fookin wade right through the herd, luggage and all.

Next night I went to the bar, had a couple... walked out to find a big male walking right up the sidewalk toward me. Went back in and had another.

What happens in Estes stays in Estes?

Hmm Whistler has nada on this.

Guess again, that looks like a sausagefest there on the beach. Guys getting thrashed by the surf, yawn. I'll take the beauty, skill and grace of skiing. (J/K Steve, I've body surfed before, it's cool. I got totally slammed on a beach in Costa Mesa, CA. Ouch)

That's pretty awesome. Sounds like the reindeer in Norway...completely oblivious to what's going on around them, and wandering through villages like they own the place.

Skiing is a perfectly safe sport. It just gets a bad rap. Our gtg are open to all, even MA'ers that get lost and find themselves up north.

You can rationalize about it all you want. But don't cry when you discover that you're responsible for huge co-payments and deductibles because of the inadequacy of your health ins. plan (the fact that you would've become permanently disabled is less important).

And btw, don't forget Feb. 2010 (when you might have accidently(no pun intended) or inadvertently wandered into my subforum).

You can rationalize about it all you want. But don't cry when you discover that you're responsible for huge co-payments and deductibles because of the inadequacy of your health ins. plan (the fact that you would've become permanently disabled is less important).

And btw, don't forget Feb. 2010 (when you might have accidently(no pun intended) or inadvertently wandered into my subforum).

I'm not sure I'd agree that skiing is perfectly safe, but neither is driving a car. I plan to keep skiing as long as I can, and I take my 3 kids with me.

I'm not sure I'd agree that skiing is perfectly safe, but neither is driving a car. I plan to keep skiing as long as I can, and I take my 3 kids with me.

I exaggerated (for comic effect). But just like the weather, it's a matter of degree. I think the the danger aspect rapidly rises when you get onto the more advanced or remotely located slopes. And as with rock climbing, I wouldn't recommend it for epileptics or victims of untreated moderate or severe sleep apnea.

Archived