e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Doldrums continued.

CoastalWx

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More and more of the delusional warministas are getting a clue. You and LL will come around to the reality that New England doesn't do big heat or big severe very well. We're all about the snow. When will you change your sig?

Yep just ask Scooteroo about his 10.7, kidding kidding of course.

Ok so whats up lets get this golf together, how are Mondays for you I know I said Friday but this wet weather is delaying things. You have to play the course I was at on Monday Centennial is a superb track and the vistas are worth the drive for you. Its in Carmel north of I84 so not too bad for either of us.

LOL, I saw that. He wanted to bet me a $500 donation to the board. I'd be down with the bet and I'd be willing to lose however until my full privileges to post are restored I've suspended donations.

It's classic..he sucks in those that don't know him into thinking he'll show up, but if you read his words carefully he always leaves wiggle room by not giving 100% commitment..so it allows him to back out at the last minute. Since the family will be in DC this time..the excuse will be something like they ended up stuck in the Washington Monument or spent more time than he thought they would at the Smithsonium.

Like I've been saying..there's a better chance of you cutting your hair to a normal male's length and style than there is of him showing up at the conf.

Yep just ask Scooteroo about his 10.7, kidding kidding of course.

Ok so whats up lets get this golf together, how are Mondays for you I know I said Friday but this wet weather is delaying things. You have to play the course I was at on Monday Centennial is a superb track and the vistas are worth the drive for you. Its in Carmel north of I84 so not too bad for either of us.

That's cool with me but that might be a hike for Cheetah who is psyched to join us. We should look for a course that is central for all of us. Mondays are probably the worst day as it's the day I get everyone set up for the week of work ahead. Pretty much anyday but Mondays. The Ranch in Southwick is where Cheetah and I played in the Autumn. It was great. You can PM me but let's get out sh*t together so I can e-mail Cheetah. They executed him here you know.Sad.

It's classic..he sucks in those that don't know him into thinking he'll show up, but if you read his words carefully he always leaves wiggle room by not giving 100% commitment..so it allows him to back out at the last minute. Since the family will be in DC this time..the excuse will be something like they ended up stuck in the Washington Monument or spent more time than he thought they would at the Smithsonium.

Like I've been saying..there's a better chance of you cutting your hair to a normal male's length and style than there is of him showing up at the conf.

Is that on the Periodic Table? Sounds radioactive or something. " The victim's were poisoned with high doses of Smithsonium." He'll never show.

Its going to be interesting to see if this trend that snowman pointed out stays true. I am starting to think bos and pvd have a chance to come in - this month its going to be close.

Yeah that's a neat graphic. We'll see about this month. Next looks looks to put a dent in the negative depatures, but it very well could be just negative.

Why would you want to be near all that smelly salt water when you could be in the cool mountains enjoying a refreshing breeze and beautiful views? I'm psyched for the U.S. Open.

Because there are babes there, and mtns have nothing but smelly hairy hippies.

Mist downtown.. high 60's. Vis 2-3 mi's..

Worst traffic I have EVER encountered in my years driving. An hour to go a half mile from north end to south station on Atlantic Ave... WTF is happening? I heard gunfight somewhere in the city..

The heat's got everyone on edge.

To add to the pattern change discussion, there are a couple of interesting features on the graph below which shows 7-day mean temperature departures for the four BOX LCD sites over the past year. One might guess the pattern changed beginning with that huge spike around 3/24/12. Since then we've had fairly well defined peaks and valleys with the pattern repeating every 3.5 weeks or so. Also note the peak amplitudes decreasing each time with the valleys holding steady. Extrapolating this current pattern would mean a warmup to about +4 by the last week of June, followed by another round of -5 or so for the early days of July.

post-269-0-11920700-1339627447_thumb.jpg

That graphic's great--where'd it come from?

It's amazing how facts (like rainfall measurements) can make for a solid AWT. We're so used to simply sunsational opinion-based AWTs around here.

Speaking of sunsational, whats your take on next week? Clearly its sun sun sun, but do we heat up at all later next week, weather looks picture perfect!

Just to undescore how bad the drought has been, here in Chesterfield we only received 9.17" of rain in May and so far in June we've only had 2.79". I'm afraid wells are going to be running dry and the crops will all be lost. The KFS long range has really nailed the hot and dry conditions.

gotta include beantown the cape the islands and south coast to get a real average. We all cant live in upslope heaven!! :snowing:

How about a 3-station average of BDL/ORH/BOS?

And we all can't live in jugs and mugs beach heaven ;) I'm getting close to wanting to head down to the coast for the summers...ski town in winter, beach town in summer. Got friends who do it and it sounds like the way to go.

How about a 3-station average of BDL/ORH/BOS?

And we all can't live in jugs and mugs beach heaven ;) I'm getting close to wanting to head down to the coast for the summers...ski town in winter, beach town in summer. Got friends who do it and it sounds like the way to go.

I have friends that fly people in to ski in the Winter and then they go south and fly people in to surf and paraglide in Central America/ Mexico. Cool lifestyle.

Archived