• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Doldrums continued.

CoastalWx

How about a 3-station average of BDL/ORH/BOS?

And we all can't live in jugs and mugs beach heaven ;) I'm getting close to wanting to head down to the coast for the summers...ski town in winter, beach town in summer. Got friends who do it and it sounds like the way to go.

Perfect combo. Mid June to late Sept on the Ocean. Make sure you are on a true Ocean Beach town to get the full effect of storms too. Body surfing 12-15 foot swells is as exhilarating as dropping in a chute on skiis.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha I find that stuff funny...of course there are exceptions but stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason.

Mountain towns aren't for everyone.

Me too. I'll take the mountain towns FTW. No beach town can compete with the talent seen at apres ski parties in a place like, say, Whistler.

Perfect combo. Mid June to late Sept on the Ocean. Make sure you are on a true Ocean Beach town to get the full effect of storms too. Body surfing 12-15 foot swells is as exhilarating as dropping in a chute on skiis.

Yeah I love body surfing...days at Misquamicut growing up were 10x more fun with swells. Beach with flat water isn't for me.

I've got friends on Nantucket and also good friends bummin it in Newport/Jamestown area.

You ain't seeing this at Whistler and drop in these waves and your heart skips a couple.

LOL, being a piece of flotsam and being pile driven into the rocks and shells doesn't do it for me. The video would be better if a pod of Orcas started tossing those guys around like a seals just before they're devoured. I'll stick to skilled sports. Pfft.

Foothills FTW. Except if there are fires.

Our actual first choice is Estes Park up around 7500 feet. But by 70+ I may need to pay attention to the places whermedical car is...lol. I lived in LA.....fires happen and locals have to use common sense in dealing with them and minimizing risk to property.

How about a 3-station average of BDL/ORH/BOS?

And we all can't live in jugs and mugs beach heaven ;) I'm getting close to wanting to head down to the coast for the summers...ski town in winter, beach town in summer. Got friends who do it and it sounds like the way to go.

If I had it my way, I'd live in the Whites October through May and then on Vinalhaven for summer.

Me too. I'll take the mountain towns FTW. No beach town can compete with the talent seen at apres ski parties in a place like, say, Whistler.

Sorry Pete...I've done Whistler and the Beach. While I inherently think chicks who ski are more attractive, take that away and we've got thick chicks with thunder thighs.

Granted there are true beauties out there that ski, just like there are chubby bunnies at the beach, but raw talent will always be near water.

Up here we are left fighting for a handful of hot sporty skiers, and the gorgeous international 20-22 year old girls that come to work for the summer and/or winter. Thank god for the international girls because European college girls all look like models who haven't discovered fast food. It can be quite startling to compare to their American counter parts.

Our actual first choice is Estes Park up around 7500 feet. But by 70+ I may need to pay attention to the places whermedical car is...lol. I lived in LA.....fires happen and locals have to use common sense in dealing with them and minimizing risk to property.

I've been there. It's beautiful out that way. CO is a great place but I'd want to be high enough to retain some snowpack.

Archived