• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Flooding late next week?

jrodd321

It looks like some type of convective feedback on a vort maxima. Not doubting rainfall, just the totals.

im not sure if its convective feedback or just stalling the front. Majority of its ensembles are just as wet or wetter. The 12z euro bumper up its precip totals also. The ggem has also been in the same ball park as the gfs.. so we shall see.

GFS has scaled back a bit on the 0z run -- 1.5-2.5", Euro holds serve.

I doubt we'll see 5" out of this on a widespread scale (maybe some spot in the Poconos could squeeze a high total but I doubt it's the norm)...2-3 is a pretty reasonable top end call.

Forum-dwellers up north can't get their yards to dry, but down here in Middletown, DE, the lawns are starting to brown. So, the rain's welcome news to me

Wouldn't call it dry here in NW Chesco, but gardens could definitely use some rain. We missed the

big rains that fell over in Mont. & Bucks counties. 1.13" for the month so far, most of which fell in one storm.

Only made it to 88.1 yesterday, while Philly topped out at 94. HX touched 90 briefly.

Keep an eye on the next round for later on as pw values are increasing up and down I95 to near 2 with a value of 2 just to the south southwest about to move in.

pwtr_sf.gif?1339606725926

Additionally potential Precip placement and moisture convergence is now increasing in the area. Should be some good heavy bands in the next round. Can not rule out pounding on the roadways Especially I76 which has been Gridlock since the am rush hour Avoid it if you can Obama pays a visit later today.

peff_sf.gif?1339606983746

Finally the HRRR before it stopped working was putting out a good solid moderate to heavy band of rain this evening. The RPM on it's latest run is putting out a moderate to heavy band for say the Northeast extension/blue route on east with it intensifying for Jersey which seams to be a likely outcome as of now.

Currently 68 here in NE Philly with moderate to heavy rain last 10-15 mins.

Keep an eye on the next round for later on as pw values are increasing up and down I95 to near 2 with a value of 2 just to the south southwest about to move in.

Additionally potential Precip placement and moisture convergence is now increasing in the area. Should be some good heavy bands in the next round. Can not rule out pounding on the roadways Especially I76 which has been Gridlock since the am rush hour Avoid it if you can Obama pays a visit later today.

Finally the HRRR before it stopped working was putting out a good solid moderate to heavy band of rain this evening. The RPM on it's latest run is putting out a moderate to heavy band for say the Northeast extension/blue route on east with it intensifying for Jersey which seams to be a likely outcome as of now.

Currently 68 here in NE Philly with moderate to heavy rain last 10-15 mins.

Good post, and thanks for the heads up about Obama. Definitely escaping the city ahead of that mess...

Looks like the band from Lancaster on east is really starting to blossom from High Pw values along I95 I think some east of pa could squeeze 0.75 to an inch out of this as back building will continue till the pre frontal boundary clears. After that don't expect much if anything with Primary front as tombo said we do not have instability to sustain any thunderstorm convection.

Archived