• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
May weather discussion

Mr Torchey

.83 on the day^^^^ i do have a downspout hardest rains i have seen in quite a while. This would have been a tremendous snow event close to a foot in a few hours!

.71" Here today plus .56" yesterday. Things are looking very green here now though still haven't hit 100% leaf out. The daffodils are looking awesome this year. Fortunately, it won't be that long until the leaves drop and the snow flies. Golf? June?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I had to check it out. I assumed you guys were geeking out over a line of hum drum t-storms. Glad to see you were actually talking about nice weather. It's going to be a great afternoon to golf.

Go ahead, but could be a strong line of storms coming through.

I'm liking the potential for a nice little line of storms to develop E NY and W NE tomorrow ahead of an approaching cold front and deepening short wave trough. Granted CAPE values aren't going to be huge, so these are not going to be 50K footers producing golfballs and baseballs. Regardless, there is some hefty shear and sufficient CAPE to produce a nice line storms capable of producing a bow echo and damaging straight-line winds. The threat is best west of the CT River as this is where the best instability will be situated. SPC has W NE in a slight risk for tomorrow.

I'm liking the potential for a nice little line of storms to develop E NY and W NE tomorrow ahead of an approaching cold front and deepening short wave trough. Granted CAPE values aren't going to be huge, so these are not going to be 50K footers producing golfballs and baseballs. Regardless, there is some hefty shear and adequate CAPE could produce a nice line storms capable of producing a bow echo and damaging straight-line winds. The threat is best west of the CT River as this is where the best instability will be situated. SPC has W NE in a slight risk for tomorrow.

Timing? Best guess?

Probably for your area that struggles to get convection. But areas west of you are in the bullseye for storms tomorrow. West of HFD-BAF as scoots and I have mentioned.

LOl..you act like your area which is like 15 miles west of my longitude is going to get storms while my area doesn't. If you get them I get them..Period..In fact farther n prob has better shot

Archived