• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
May weather discussion

Mr Torchey

Yeah Albany gets hit good on the NAM. Shear (just the winds aloft) look pretty good actually. Just a question of instability out there I guess.

Yeah I was looking at some of the soundings for this area up through Litchfield County and it certainly doesn't look bad. The question is getting enough sun and keeping dews high enough.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SREFs show a nice spike in CAPE and shear around 21z tomorrow for BDL. dProg/dT shows a definite trend to increase instability over the last day. If we can start to get some nice dews in here and some heating we may be able to get something fun to pop.

SREFs show a nice spike in CAPE and shear around 21z tomorrow for BDL. dProg/dT shows a definite trend to increase instability over the last day. If we can start to get some nice dews in here and some heating we may be able to get something fun to pop.

I don't think the DPs will be a problem unless we get a dry advection source.

:)

That band of rain over Jersey looks like it's really hauling azz..and backedge is already over ACY.. Is this just a 2-3 hour period of downpours and that's it?

I can't believe how well the forecast from this weekend worked out. Temps close to what we thought... the only difference was a bit more sun earlier Monday. So far so good.

That band of rain over Jersey looks like it's really hauling azz..and backedge is already over ACY.. Is this just a 2-3 hour period of downpours and that's it?

I think this batch may be 2-3hrs long, but they'll probably be some more sct stuff behind it coming up.

Interesting 00z UKMET solution carries forward the trend from the 12z run rather nicely (yesterday).

Suppresses SE Coastal cyclogenesis both spatially and amplitude -wise, and that allows PP more conducive to continental conveyor of cT or c-subtropical air. 588dm height circumvallate also appears now over NYS with off-shore wind would probably herald 2 days at least of big heat.

Not much GFS's derived teleconnector support for this, but fun to look at -

Interesting 00z UKMET solution carries forward the trend from the 12z run rather nicely (yesterday).

Suppresses SE Coastal cyclogenesis both spatially and amplitude -wise, and that allows PP more conducive to continental conveyor of cT or c-subtropical air. 588dm height circumvallate also appears now over NYS with off-shore wind would probably herald 2 days at least of big heat.

Not much GFS's derived teleconnector support for this, but fun to look at -

Sunday-Tuesday look warm, but like the warm spell in late March..heat plume forced north from BGM-BTV-CAR. Those areas FTW it seems, but it will be warm here as well.

Looks like some real beautiful days coming up, heat ridge really pumps up heat humidity by Mem day weekend, should be great for cookouts, swimming at the lake, hanging with friends just about perfect for everything except running.

LOL, fail for running. I'll be lake side thinking about those poor bastards running and grinding their knees apart. :(

Looks like some real beautiful days coming up, heat ridge really pumps up heat humidity by Mem day weekend, should be great for cookouts, swimming at the lake, hanging with friends just about perfect for everything except running.

Hey in the marathon wx thread we were talking about you. You may well get your wish of runners dying and collapsing..congrats and enjoy

Archived