bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
May weather discussion

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday-Tuesday look warm, but like the warm spell in late March..heat plume forced north from BGM-BTV-CAR. Those areas FTW it seems, but it will be warm here as well.

I see ... the reason for the NW push to the main warm conveyor is understandable in situ to the current operational run (blend) that has the SW Atlantic/near coastal SE U.S. close U/A evolving. That doesn't allow the truer Bermuda-like circulation to set up because it "scrunches" the flow up the Coast a bit.

In simple terms, it's all pushing the conveyor NW.

But here's what I'm stinking - I stink it's possible that feature has been overplayed a bit, and that what verifies is more at a "weakness" then a bona fide deep layer vortex.

It is also possible that something of a tropical or subtropical entity gets going - should that happen, who knows ...

Anyway, if this idea pans that heat plume may also be correct SE in time.

I see ... the reason for the NW push to the main warm conveyor is understandable in situ to the current operational run (blend) that has the SW Atlantic/near coastal SE U.S. close U/A evolving. That doesn't allow the truer Bermuda-like circulation to set up because it "scrunches" the flow up the Coast a bit.

In simple terms, it's all pushing the conveyor NW.

But here's what I'm stinking - I stink it's possible that feature has been overplayed a bit, and that what verifies is more at a "weakness" then a bona fide deep layer vortex.

It is also possible that something of a tropical or subtropical entity gets going - should that happen, who knows ...

Anyway, if this idea pans that heat plume may also be correct SE in time.

Yeah it's not like it will be 75 here and 90 in Berlin NH, but temps may be a few warmer up there, is all I'm saying. Then there is whatever happens off the SE like you said. Either way you slice it, looks pretty darn mild.

Look at the radar erode as the rains hit the w.atl ridging over us.

I was just noticing this, Kevin

It's also not the first time this has happened this Spring season regarding these meso-beta scaled rain features rippling in the flow. There has been a kind of repeating tendency for that front-side erosion.

I thought it was moisture-sink related, in that it was so dry ...but we appear to have corrected that enough - the cause appears to be synoptic, perhaps related to ridging as you suggest. I don't know, though, haven't looked at it beyond the realization that this has been happening.

Ceilings here in Westborough mass are variable ...splashes of sun and with lots of cloud around. Temps up into the low to mid 70s and the air is sultry... .DP of 60. Doesn't feel at all like the warmth of recent weeks. Much more summery at the moment.

We should get a nice drying after this passes in 24 hours... Then it appears the middle range wants to head into some kind of low impact heat scenario.

Loop the GFS op. Aside from the sub tropical feature off the southeast which I'm unsure of, I could see things playing out like that. See how the ridge is centered west with all the heat? We'll have times where it tries to come in, and then fronts come down from the north. Pattern offers the chance for over the top storms if ridging can build east enough.

Loop the GFS op. Aside from the sub tropical feature off the southeast which I'm unsure of, I could see things playing out like that. See how the ridge is centered west with all the heat? We'll have times where it tries to come in, and then fronts come down from the north. Pattern offers the chance for over the top storms if ridging can build east enough.

Scooter, I can't get the radar loop on my phone right now. When will this batch of rain move out of here? Really pouring here now.

I was just noticing this, Kevin

It's also not the first time this has happened this Spring season regarding these meso-beta scaled rain features rippling in the flow. There has been a kind of repeating tendency for that front-side erosion.

I thought it was moisture-sink related, in that it was so dry ...but we appear to have corrected that enough - the cause appears to be synoptic, perhaps related to ridging as you suggest. I don't know, though, haven't looked at it beyond the realization that this has been happening.

Ceilings here in Westborough mass are variable ...splashes of sun and with lots of cloud around. Temps up into the low to mid 70s and the air is sultry... .DP of 60. Doesn't feel at all like the warmth of recent weeks. Much more summery at the moment.

We should get a nice drying after this passes in 24 hours... Then it appears the middle range wants to head into some kind of low impact heat scenario.

Was sunny here most of the morning..now light rains have set in, and muggy.

Archived