Newest Member
    joxey
Tri-State Fire and Drought Wx Obs.

Snowlover76

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Newsday.com:

As least 10 homes in Riverhead have been burning, and a mandatory evacuation of parts of Riverhead started 5 p.m., with residents relocated to the Riverhead senior center on Howell Avenue, said county spokeswoman Vanessa Baird-Streeter.

more:

Several firefighters had minor injuries as flames surrounded two fire trucks at one point, and they abandoned both vehicles, Baird-Streeter said.

From Newsday.com:

Homes in Riverhead and Manorville have been destroyed by raging brush fires that have consumed at least 2,000 acres of woods and vegetation as strong winds blew flames, igniting grass and forest in tinderbox-like conditions, Suffolk officials said.

As of 7:30 p.m., winds were diminishing and only the eastern front of the fire was still out of control, after the inferno burned swathes of Manorville, Ridge, Riverhead and several other communities in what is considered a single inferno, sasaid County Executive Steve Bellone and rescue officials.

MAJOR BRUSH

04/09/12 16:26 (RIDGE - 46.46) UPDATE: COUNTYWIDE MUTUAL AID PLAN IN EFFECT, REPORTS OF A OVER-TURNED BFU WITH MISSING FOREST FIRE SERVICE. [NYC249]

MAJOR BRUSH

04/09/12 18:57 (RIDGE - 46.46) UPDATE: 2000+ ACRES BURNING, MASSIVE MUTUAL-AID OPERATING, MULT. HOUSES DAMAGED/DESTROYED, LARGE EVACS IN PROG [NYC249]

MAJOR BRUSH

04/09/12 16:26 (RIDGE - 46.46) UPDATE: COUNTYWIDE MUTUAL AID PLAN IN EFFECT, REPORTS OF A OVER-TURNED BFU WITH MISSING FOREST FIRE SERVICE. [NYC249]

MAJOR BRUSH

04/09/12 18:57 (RIDGE - 46.46) UPDATE: 2000+ ACRES BURNING, MASSIVE MUTUAL-AID OPERATING, MULT. HOUSES DAMAGED/DESTROYED, LARGE EVACS IN PROG [NYC249]

That top dispatch, missing crews?

No problem. I saw lol and thought you were making of Lee saying it. I'm surprised with the cloud cover and moisture that we are still at risk but with the wind and dry conditions I guess until we get a real deluge it will remain high.

Didn't mean it like that, meant it for everyone who saying it's a joke. That even our local forecasters are predicting it sorry

No problem. I saw lol and thought you were making of Lee saying it. I'm surprised with the cloud cover and moisture that we are still at risk but with the wind and dry conditions I guess until we get a real deluge it will remain high.

Yeah there was another brush fire about an hour ago in Si, many people think its a joke but this may only be the start if it don't rain. I thought I was watching California news before there are wild fires all over from new Hampshire to Florida

Archived