joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tri-State Fire and Drought Wx Obs.

Snowlover76

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it's like they are so concerned with having to put rain in the forecast. Like people will hold them personally responsible. I realize we don't deal with these fires and droughts very often around here but you would think they would be able to emphasize that it is a potentially serious situation, instead of focusing on a week of sunny and dry weather and how awesome that is for those with outdoor plans.

Isn't dry weather great?

I wonder if those local mets will be all smiles when they are forecasting another week of no rain?

Guest Pamela

I love Paris!

Meh...she peaked 5 years ago...once they cancelled her TV show...it has been all downhill since.

Wow...ive never seen a brushfire this far west before...West Hills County Park in Melville, georgous area, thank god it was under control.

http://www.newsday.c...-park-1.3650690

Nice hiking trails there, one plus is that the fire could have cleared out some debris that has built up over the years and some of the invasive plant species that are over there.

is there a lot of open land on SI? Wont that baby burn itself out soon?

Horses in danger in manorville, LI...this happened back in 1995, same area got nailed and horsefarms hit. Hope all the horses make it out ok

That was earlier the fire is huge now fdny protection of whatever structures are there though

Archived