Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country: Heart of Spring 2012NY + adjacent ON, QC, VT

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of mud here yet. You would sink in up to the axles on some fields if you tried to plow them. Some sloped fields have dried decently.

Peepers loud here, lawn about half greened up, but 1 inch grass....certainly not mowing yet. Daffodils up, but no flowers.

ALB hit at least 78. the old record was 74. Tomorrow's record is 78 so a little more challenging to break.

WOW, no mud? Lucky you. I've got 4 dogs that have had no issues finding any in the yard lol.

The like the pond now too. A couple of ducks were in there quacking this morning.

KBUF got up to 79 today breaking the old record of 74. 4th straight day of breaking records in a row and we should break tomorrows and Thursdays records as well. something that has NEVER been done in any month ( 6 days of record highs in a row). still 78 here currently and it's downright hot. glad my work has the AC on. I have it on at my house as well.

Today's record for Albany is 78...will be close once again. Tomorrow's is 80, and looking likely that falls. Tally for the month is 5 new records and 1 tied.

Here are the warmest March's on record at Albany:

1 44.4 1859

2 43.8 1945

3 43.8 1946

4 43.3 1903

5 43.0 1871

We are at 44.2 on the month.

Albany's temperature records go back to 1820...making the number of broken records this month even more impressive.

From WIVB Blog:

Buffalo Records broken so far:

Here are just some of the records already broken: Besides the all time record for March (going back to 1871) set today, the daily record of 69 was shattered. Today marked the 5th consecutive 70+ degree day in March, another all time record (and that record will be extended Thursday). Today was the 5th consecutive day in which the record high was broken. We’ve also had the most consecutive 60+ degree days ever, and the most 60+ degree days for the month ever. Our monthly average temperature is more than 14 degrees above “normal”. While that may or may not be a record, it is statistically highly unlikely. Finally, Lake Erie remains at 39, tying the record for its warmest March temperature ever. It has never hit 40 (going back to 1927) in March. Normal for today would still be 32.

ABSOLUTE MADNESS!!!

Saw this posted in the SNE forum...Marquette, MI had a LOW temperature yesterday of 52 degrees. The previous record HIGH was 49 degrees. So their low yesterday broke the record high for the day! Crazy! Their official high was 81...so that broke the previous record high by 32 degrees!

Looks like morning clouds shouldn't be a problem around here...blue skies already overhead. Starting the day a couple degrees cooler than the previous couple though. Still, should make a run at another record high.

Average temp at Albany is now 45.2 degrees. As I mentioned yeseterday, the warmest March on record ended at 44.4. We should increase this year's average today and tomorrow. And barring any multi-day cooldown, the record for the warmest March on record is looking more and more likely to fall.

Its just about a lock that this will be the warmest March on record for Albany (among many other cities in the Midwest and NE).

As of yesterday, the average temp for the month was at 46.1F. If we use the NWS forecasted temps through the next week...we will be sitting around 46.8F by the 29th. The record for the month is 44.4 degrees set all the way back in 1859.

So unless the cold this upcoming week overperforms, looks like we should shatter the previous record by as much as 2 degrees!

That's going to be quite a cold snap next week now as per ECM and others. -15C 850 maybe down to Albany. LOL Areas from ALB south that have so many blooming tress could be in peril. I was in the mid Hudson Valley today and it looks like May 1st...kind of unreal. Every magnolia is in full bloom for instance.

Even out here on the hill we have some forsythia out now, something we don't usually get until after April 15th or 20th.

Its just about a lock that this will be the warmest March on record for Albany (among many other cities in the Midwest and NE).

As of yesterday, the average temp for the month was at 46.1F. If we use the NWS forecasted temps through the next week...we will be sitting around 46.8F by the 29th. The record for the month is 44.4 degrees set all the way back in 1859.

So unless the cold this upcoming week overperforms, looks like we should shatter the previous record by as much as 2 degrees!

That's going to be quite a cold snap next week now as per ECM and others. -15C 850 maybe down to Albany. LOL Areas from ALB south that have so many blooming tress could be in peril. I was in the mid Hudson Valley today and it looks like May 1st...kind of unreal. Every magnolia is in full bloom for instance.

Even out here on the hill we have some forsythia out now, something we don't usually get until after April 15th or 20th.

Yea, the NWS has a high of 37° (and low of 19°) here on monday then 40's with some rain/snow mix throught the week. Well, out to mow the lawn.

Should be down in the lowto mid 20s by morning. Definitly gonna loose alot of vegitation. Did you see im moving out your way in may?

Low of 19 here. Freezing! Won't last long thank goodness. From the Buffalo NWS:

THE BIG STORY FOR NEXT WEEK IS GOING TO BE THE MAJOR WARM-UP ACROSS

THE EASTERN UNITED STATES AS THE AFOREMENTIONED RIDGE PROGRESSES

EASTWARDS ALONG WITH THE EXCEPTIONALLY WARM TEMPERATURES.

Sweet Orchard Park. Its about 10 minute from my location but the town of OP is my favorite. I am always there. I play volleyball at the high school every monday night outside, they have nice lit beach courts and lit tennis courts. Awesome place to live.

Low of 19 here. Freezing! Won't last long thank goodness. From the Buffalo NWS:

THE BIG STORY FOR NEXT WEEK IS GOING TO BE THE MAJOR WARM-UP ACROSS

THE EASTERN UNITED STATES AS THE AFOREMENTIONED RIDGE PROGRESSES

EASTWARDS ALONG WITH THE EXCEPTIONALLY WARM TEMPERATURES.

Sweet Orchard Park. Its about 10 minute from my location but the town of OP is my favorite. I am always there. I play volleyball at the high school every monday night outside, they have nice lit beach courts and lit tennis courts. Awesome place to live.

Ill be right in the village. Right at the village center apartments right at buffalo and quaker streets. About 840 ft in elevation.

Archived