• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
March 31st - Potential Wintry Precip (formerly the March Torch Thread)

tornadojay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm already up to 67. I think it may be close to 70 by noon-time. According to my local norms and what I have captured from my weather station, I am about 8 degrees above normal so far this month.. after this week is through, there's no telling how much above normal I'll be.

+15, easy.

With a few minor exceptions, we've been torching for two years now. Perhaps something fundamental has changed, and this is the new normal. In the past two years we've had:

warmest Spring on record

warmest Summer on record

one of the warmest Falls on record

2nd warmest Winter on record

likely the warmest DJFM on record by a mile

warmest day

second warmest high

warmest min

probably 3 warmest months on record (July 2010, Feb 2012, March 2012)

Hey my man ,

Small sampling . This has come on the heels as one of the snowier decades in the past 3

Again thats a small sampling too . Peaks and Valleys , wouldnt read too much into it .

But I would enjoy it .

So basically by April 1st we're going to be having regular 60+ days every day with many days in the 70's, if no cool down comes.. May could turn out be be mostly 70's and 80's if not higher..

May 1991 was insane, if i recall.. Most days in the 80's or higher!

Full Leaf out by Mid April..... if this all comes to fruition.

So basically by April 1st we're going to be having regular 60+ days every day with many days in the 70's, if no cool down come.. May could turn out be be mostly 70's and 80's if not higher..

Most years that are this warm this early have cool summers. 2002 is a notable exception.

So basically by April 1st we're going to be having regular 60+ days every day with many days in the 70's, if no cool down come.. May could turn out be be mostly 70's and 80's if not higher..

we probably see more 80 degree days than 60 degrees in April. Nothing to suggest any real pattern changes.

I'd love to have a summer w/ many canadien high pressure systems - clear blue skies, w/ temperatures in the upper 70's to low 80's... June days like this are awesome...

However, by July and early august you are bound to have some very hot days mixed in...

We'll see.. If the current dry spell continues, things are going to get dry pretty quickly.. I think TheTrials has been hinting at this.. Isn't he telling everyone to short apples? or something like that.. :)

Hey my man ,

Small sampling . This has come on the heels as one of the snowier decades in the past 3

Again thats a small sampling too . Peaks and Valleys , wouldnt read too much into it .

But I would enjoy it .

Peaks are always taller than valleys. It's called trend.

Peaks are always taller than valleys. It's called trend.

HUH ???? , He commented that AFTER 2 YEARS something fundamental may have changed .

My response is 2 yrs is too small of a sampling to assume that

If one responds in the scientific community that peaks are " always " larger

than the depths of valleys and 2 years constitute a trend , you could be marginalized .

I love the warmth but its nonsense to say any long term trend can be deduced from a tiny sampling from your back yard .

HUH ???? , He commented that AFTER 2 YEARS something fundamental may have changed .

My response is 2 yrs is too small of a sampling to assume that

If one responds in the scientific community that peaks are " always " larger

than the depths of valleys and 2 years constitute a trend , you could be marginalized .

I love the warmth but its nonsense to say any long term trend can be deduced from a tiny sampling from your back yard .

Agreed. If it's 2015/2016 and we are still talking about this, then something has really changed.

Archived