• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Guess the storm!

Here's a fun game I like to play with some of my fellow weather enthusiasts from other boards and chatrooms, and apparently there was something similar back at easternuswx, so here goes. Somebody posts a picture of a past tropical cyclone from anywhere in the globe, with no obvious hints as to the storm's date. Anybody else can guess the storm's name and year. I usually like to use somewhat well-defined cyclones, such as this one:

post-3401-0-48705000-1330651656.png

But random piddly storms can be fun too...

post-3401-0-59189400-1330651754.png

Any ideas on those two? These are probably as hard as I ever pick, but the Wilma's and Monica's are too easy.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. Nice work. How about this one?

post-3401-0-74550300-1330689152.png

Michelle. I have a cool all-day loop of the storm on this particular day. GOES went into RSO for parts of the day. Very cool. If anyone wants it, let me know.

Heh, I just noticed the answer is there in the attachment tag.

Edited to add, I see Icebreaker figured out the cheat faster than me...

Michelle. I have a cool all-day loop of the storm on this particular day. GOES went into RSO for parts of the day. Very cool. If anyone wants it, let me know.

Heh, I just noticed the answer is there in the attachment tag.

Edited to add, I see Icebreaker figured out the cheat faster than me...

That sucks. I entirely forgot this board doesn't automatically rename files on upload... oh well. Here's another one with a more cryptic filename. I would like to see that loop though!

post-3401-0-25134200-1330718272.png

That sucks. I entirely forgot this board doesn't automatically rename files on upload... oh well. Here's another one with a more cryptic filename. I would like to see that loop though!

No idea on that storm. Looks like she's about to ramp up pretty good though.

Here's a link to the loop. 45+mb so it will take a few to download:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=f5a6540b544483e3&resid=F5A6540B544483E3!195&parid=F5A6540B544483E3!123&authkey=!AOuXC150t1URpUI

Archived