Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Eskimo Joe

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent an e-mail to MoD to register for the MoCo class 10 days ago and asked for a confirmation e-mail... no response.

Maybe you can send a PM to him and see if that will work.

I didn't get a confirmation email either for the session that I signed for, but I was told that an email would be sent about a week before the class.

I didn't get a confirmation email either for the session that I signed for, but I was told that an email would be sent about a week before the class.

Yeah I haven't gotten one either. Did you end up signing up for the march one?

Yeah I haven't gotten one either. Did you end up signing up for the march one?

Just sent it out...been a busy few weeks.

I sent an e-mail to MoD to register for the MoCo class 10 days ago and asked for a confirmation e-mail... no response.

I sent another email to make sure he got my email to sign up. He had sent them out but for some reason I did not receive it. He was very helpful and let me know that I was in fact signed up.

As for the response on being forewarned for the MoCo one vs. other talks. MoCo is closer to me and will save me gas. It will also allow me to swap my car and kids with my husband who works in MoCo and will meet me there. I have sat through enough college classes in my day, I think I can sit through this one. :)

I sent another email to make sure he got my email to sign up. He had sent them out but for some reason I did not receive it. He was very helpful and let me know that I was in fact signed up.

As for the response on being forewarned for the MoCo one vs. other talks. MoCo is closer to me and will save me gas. It will also allow me to swap my car and kids with my husband who works in MoCo and will meet me there. I have sat through enough college classes in my day, I think I can sit through this one. :)

Goodness you sound like a busy woman...enjoy the class!

Fozz and I went to the Carroll County one tonight. It was very basic but was good to get a refresher on everything. Thanks to Eskimo Joe for letting us know! I look forward to getting my ID number and any future classes!

Fozz and I went to the Carroll County one tonight. It was very basic but was good to get a refresher on everything. Thanks to Eskimo Joe for letting us know! I look forward to getting my ID number and any future classes!

Nice meeting you Fozz and good to see you again Mapgirl ^_^

• 1 month later...

Too bad LaConte (MoD) has to be at the MoCo one. Probably be fun and educational if he wasn't. Probably just another session of him trying to "own" the Skywarn program in MoCo. I feel sorry for the NWS staff that have to put up him year after year.

Imagine that, ole Jason over here still cowardly backstabbing. Let me guess. Your still pissed off because I told you that you couldn't sell your dumbass chasing videos in a County facility from the last SKYWARN class is that it? Go freakin cry about it somewhere else. To be honest I am glad you don't like me. But I think its kind of sad and really pretty pathetic that you would come here and slam our program just because you got your little baby girl feelings hurt. You want a pacifier to go with that crying as well?

For the others who posted here, thanks for the support and for coming tonight. We had a full class of 47. You guys are awesome and congrats on the SKYWARN certification.

Tony

I had a good time. Met Tony and also Bryan from LWX. Tony's fine in person despite how he can come off on the forum :P I'm glad to have met him. Bryan had a very good presentation, and it looked like most/all of it got through to everyone despite bringing in some of the more complex terminology. It's good to see the spreading of weather knowledge.

So much drama :(

I don't know any part of the back story but I DO think it was probably a good idea to omit chasing videos from a Skywarn training session (sales that is). I fee like a lot of the amateur folks becoming spotters might feel tempted to go out and chase on their own (highly dangerous without the right tools and training).

Still, I don't know if that's exactly how it all happened. Not taking sides at all...I just don't think so many knives need to be thrown. This goes for both sides of the argument.

I had a good time. Met Tony and also Bryan from LWX. Tony's fine in person despite how he can come off on the forum :P I'm glad to have met him. Bryan had a very good presentation, and it looked like most/all of it got through to everyone despite bringing in some of the more complex terminology. It's good to see the spreading of weather knowledge.

Glad it was a good time! :thumbsup"

Hopefully we have some new top notch spotters to rely on.

So much drama :(

I don't know any part of the back story but I DO think it was probably a good idea to omit chasing videos from a Skywarn training session (sales that is). I fee like a lot of the amateur folks becoming spotters might feel tempted to go out and chase on their own (highly dangerous without the right tools and training).

Still, I don't know if that's exactly how it all happened. Not taking sides at all...I just don't think so many knives need to be thrown. This goes for both sides of the argument.

I have no issues with chasers at all. In fact my kids want me to take them chasing one day. The only issue I have is Jason who decided it would be appropriate to open a bag in the middle of a SKYWARN class and toss 15 of his videos out on the table for sale. He was warned that soliciting in a County facility is prohibited AND was told if he does it again, he will be tossed out of the building. Montgomery County does NOT endorse chasing. We do endorse the SKYWARN program. Its really that simple. If he has an issue with it, he needs to take it up with the County Executive instead of slamming a really great program on an open forum.

I have no issues with chasers at all. In fact my kids want me to take them chasing one day. The only issue I have is Jason who decided it would be appropriate to open a bag in the middle of a SKYWARN class and toss 15 of his videos out on the table for sale. He was warned that soliciting in a County facility is prohibited AND was told if he does it again, he will be tossed out of the building. Montgomery County does NOT endorse chasing. We do endorse the SKYWARN program. Its really that simple. If he has an issue with it, he needs to take it up with the County Executive instead of slamming a really great program on an open forum.

Yeah didn't mean to say I thought you had issues with chasers. My main point was that I don't think amateur, prospective spotters who are lay-people probably should not be sold intense chase footage at a training where they are being told to observe safely. People can be stupid and it would be a shame for anybody to end up without gas and having to call mothers :whistle: I think we know who I am referring to.

Jason is an experienced chaser and thus he knows how to safely do it...unfortunately I don't think everyone is cut out for it. but again, people are stupid.

Dude, you are ruining my forum reputation. :) Glad you had fun, that was the point. Where was Mrs J though never saw her.

I was there. Got in a few minutes late due to my husband not realizing that surface street traffic was just as bad as 270 down there. He left Shady Grove at 5:45. I was in the 2nd row. I had to leave right at 8 as my girls wanted to stay up to say good night, so had to head on back to Frederick. That and the introvert in me comes out in public spaces, so usually I am not comfortable with meeting new people, I am working on it though. But so glad to have finally taken a class. I have wanted to for years.

Archived