Newest Member
    Toothache
January 26-27th 2011: Memories...

Chris L

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thetrials made comparisons and i countered them

No. You started it with incorrect info by saying he got more in boxing day.

When it clearly shows 15" for him only.

But either way, the Nesis map is way off for boxing day in 90% of queens as evidenced by official snow totals reported by LGA, JFK and confirmed by Fresh meadows, Astoria and Woodside spotters.

No. You started it with incorrect info by saying he got more in boxing day.

When it clearly shows 15" for him only.

But either way, the Nesis map is way off for boxing day in 90% of queens as evidenced by official snow totals reported by LGA, JFK and confirmed by fresh meadows, Astoria and woodside spotters,

the map i posted was made by the nj state climatologist

you got more snow from boxing day

Dec26_27_2010_NJ_snow.jpg

God I love looking at this map. 25 gorgeous inches of snow in the middle of Monmouth County. 30+ to my SE. I watched helicopter rescues off of route 18, 2-3 days after the storm. Route 36 near Belmar snowed in for nearly a week. Biggest impact storm since 96, and arguably the most snow for a single storm on the Jersey Shore.

AG3 and I were two of like 5 people up watching this storm at 2am when it was 5 inches an hour, easy.

Beautiful band from just west of nyc, across ag3's house, up and over I-95

bliss.

I was up at a house party, everyone kept asking me what the big deal was and why I kept looking at that radar and going outside, lol I told if they want to see some serious S**t they should come outside, everyone was amazed by how heavy it was snowing.

Snow in the NYC area is just like fishing to me.

If I caught a hundred fish every time I went fishing, then I would have no passion for it and no drive to "get them next time".

Same as snow. If it snowed every day and was "too easy", there would be no excitement.

Exactly, you appreciate something more when its taken away from you, can be said for virtually everything. However I'd imagine the amount of snow weenies falls of a cliff once south of Richmond, because it snows so little, it's difficult to get excited winter after winter.

Exactly, you appreciate something more when its taken away from you, can be said for virtually everything. However I'd imagine the amount of snow weenies falls of a cliff once south of Richmond, because it snows so little, it's difficult to get excited winter after winter.

I think if our area averaged around 50 inches we would be in the sweet spot where we can count on SOME snow to fall every year and satisfy our appetites but we would still need to track and hope for big storms like everyone else.

how do you rank any of your storms when they all magically give you three feet? ;)

Sorry bro, for many of us, 1/27 trumped Boxing Day.

For the whole eastern half of New Jersey, not even close. We got atleast 10" more from boxing day, along with actual blizzard conditions.

how do you rank any of your storms when they all magically give you three feet? ;)

Sorry bro, for many of us, 1/27 trumped Boxing Day.

1/27 definitely trumped Boxing Day back home.

To be sure, Boxing Day was nuts in those areas that were hit by its core. But it wasn't an exceptionally large storm... in fact, it was rather small.

Blizzard conditions so over rated, all it means is that its windy

this is completely false.

Wind, whiteout conditions, frigid temperatures, epic drifting, and it dropped more the 10" than 1/27. For the whole eastern half of NJ who got nailed by boxing day, 1/27 couldn't touch it. Obviously it's gonna be different for you, because you didn't get nailed like we did

Wind, whiteout conditions, frigid temperatures, epic drifting, and it dropped more the 10" than 1/27. For the whole eastern half of NJ who got nailed by boxing day, 1/27 couldn't touch it. Obviously it's gonna be different for you, because you didn't get nailed like we did

Dont be hatin' homes

That was sleet....boxing day had close to those DBZ levels and was all snow with blizzard criteria for several hours.

Nope, that was snow. I have the radar images of the sleet. That pic was taken at 11 pm that night when everyone but eastern li went over to snow. There was a mega band over SW CT.

It was all snow, trust me. I remember not being able to see more than 100 feet outside my window and took a screenshot of the radar.

Blizzard doesnt mean colder or have anything to do with drifting.

Listen, we live in differnent areas, you like boxing, i like 1/27, in the end, we all got nailed. It was an epic winter.

:drunk:

Archived