• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV Banter thread

NortheastPAWx

does anyone remember when that trace was in philly?...i have absolutely no recollection of it being close to snowing.

It was with the upper trough that moved through during the afternoon of the 5th. Another relatively weak low passed south of the area and brought steadier wet snow for a little while in our extreme southern CWA. I didn't remember myself, I had to look it up.

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM TUESDAY MORNING/...

THE STEADY PRECIP OVER SRN DELAWARE WILL BE DONE SHORTLY AND WILL

NOT BE IN THE OVERNIGHT FCST. WIDELY SCATTERED FLURRIES HAVE

DEVELOPED OVER SE PA AND NE MD AND THEY ARE MOVING SE...SO AN

ISOLATED --SW WAS MENTIONED FOR THE NEXT FEW HOURS.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was a little shocking to see in a SPS in my point & click today - until I looked at the date...

I remember watching this one roll in on traffic cams to my northwest.

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

940 AM EST SAT FEB 25 2012

PAZ060-067>069-251530-

BERKS PA-BUCKS PA-CHESTER PA-MONTGOMERY PA-

940 AM EST SAT FEB 25 2012

...A BAND OF MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO AFFECT PORTIONS

OF BERKS...BUCKS...MONTGOMERY AND CHESTER COUNTIES...

AT 935 AM EST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

BAND OF HEAVIER SNOW FROM BERKS, MONTGOMERY INTO BUCKS COUNTIES AND

MOVING INTO NORTHERN CHESTER COUNTY. THIS BAND IS MOVING

SOUTHEASTWARD AT 30 MPH.

THE SNOW WILL RAPIDLY DROP VISIBILITIES TO A QUARTER OF A MILE.

BASED ON SOME REPORTS, THIS BAND HAS QUICKLY PRODUCED 1 TO 2 INCHES

OF SNOW ACROSS PARTS OF LEHIGH AND BERKS COUNTIES.

USE CAUTION IF YOU MUST TRAVEL INTO OR THROUGH THIS BAND OF SNOW AS

THE VISIBILITY WILL CHANGE RAPIDLY. THE SNOW WILL QUICKLY COVER

ESPECIALLY NON ROADWAY SURFACES, HOWEVER SLIPPERY SPOTS ARE POSSIBLE

ESPECIALLY ON BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES.

Ah hell, you were on that. I was hoping you weren't on duty. I listened to the whole thing.

I was on it. 1st due ladder. Tons of fire, entrapment factor at work. Pd got the kid out, our guys grabbed the female victim (the mother). Unfortunately, she had passes when the medics worked on.

The fire had just an incredible head start. Pd got a call for a 911 hang up. That was all. When they got there, house was well off. We get out extremely quick with 5 staffed stations. Lack of smoke detectors was a factor in the fire's head start on us.

I was on it. 1st due ladder. Tons of fire, entrapment factor at work. Pd got the kid out, our guys grabbed the female victim (the mother). Unfortunately, she had passes when the medics worked on.

The fire had just an incredible head start. Pd got a call for a 911 hang up. That was all. When they got there, house was well off. We get out extremely quick with 5 staffed stations. Lack of smoke detectors was a factor in the fire's head start on us.

Yea, sounds like you guys were behind the 8 ball from the start with the heavy fire load, plus it sounded like there was some confusion whether or not all the occupants were out. Either way you guys did all you could with the conditions present. Not too often you hear all 5 UD companies get emptied on one fire.

OT,but yeah, I believe that's why 911 hangups should be called back like Chester County does . It at least gives you a chance to get the FD dispatched instead of just the PD on the hangup. Maybe someone would answer on the call back and save a few minutes. Not sure if it would have made a difference in this case, though.

OT,but yeah, I believe that's why 911 hangups should be called back like Chester County does . It at least gives you a chance to get the FD dispatched instead of just the PD on the hangup. Maybe someone would answer on the call back and save a few minutes. Not sure if it would have made a difference in this case, though.

Our county does call back. No answer though. PD investigates all hang ups without FD.

Archived