wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV Banter thread

NortheastPAWx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Average person probably doesn't understand that March warm-ups are virtually always temporary. Hell, even my parents were surprised to learn that it will probably be in the 20s Monday night. I don't think they've planted anything out yet, though.

Turned out to be a perfect Sunday evening nice temps and the skies cleared to crystal clear here in Northeast Philly. Got to hand it to the Nam model it nailed the tornado out breaks it nailed the rain in taxes and has now nailed this weekends sprinkle event. Lets see how long this stretch of accuracy can last. Not sure if anyone has looked at the long range but both the euro and GFS putting out a coastal system. Not sure I buy it yet but hey it is something to watch and is a system that could bring some much needed rain. Enjoy the cool temps early this week after all it is march!

Could have used a Blowing Trash Warning in the city today...

No joke, my large green waste management container was pushed a good 10 ft. (empty) by the wind. Also, some small limbs (3-6 feet) falling off a few trees on my block.

Temperature now around 50 with a strong north wind.

I couldn't stand the "breezy" term used in forecasts I saw around the web today. I think to the average joe anything sustained over 20 mph with gusts over 30 mph would be perceived as "windy". Saw PTW airport had a gust to 48 mph. Impressive and believable based on the fact that some of my lawn furniture ended up in the yard next door.

only 44 at home, yikes.

my yard and woods is still on wet side.

soggy / muddy in parts.

You have to be one of the few whose yard is still soggy.

i had to put some water on the garden this evening when i got home because the wind dried it out.

I couldn't stand the "breezy" term used in forecasts I saw around the web today. I think to the average joe anything sustained over 20 mph with gusts over 30 mph would be perceived as "windy". Saw PTW airport had a gust to 48 mph. Impressive and believable based on the fact that some of my lawn furniture ended up in the yard next door.

"There will be a breeze. Hopefully to stir the air up a little bit to prevent damage. "

Sorry, I used the word breeze yesterday. I did not think the pro's would use that term. I knew it would be windy and gusty but yes it was bad. I would wish we could get a south wind to bring in the moisture with winds like we had today. Those winds were the last thing we needed today. Many of the weak branches from the Halloween storm fell in my backyard as they are starting to leaf out now.

27.7 in NW Chesco this morning and still dropping as of 6:30. Don't think this is enough to cause major damage

to my fruit trees even though they are in flower with small leaves. I'm quite sure we're not done with freezes though,

so it could be a different story in another 10 days.

My max wind yesterday was only 23 mph here in the valley.

BTW, my yard is pretty dry for this time of year.

Archived