• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec. 22nd Severe Thread

andyhb

We lost our one large tree in the front yard, shingles lifted on the roof, neighbors had sections of their fencing blown down and the neighbor two doors down had a lot of shingles blown off his roof. All in all not as bad as it seemed when I saw the cat flying through the air but it was a "pucker" experience for a couple of minutes there.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, we just got rocked here in Marietta (Cobb County), No apparent damage though. I took some pics with my camera phone, let's see if anything good came out.

Strong winds entering Cobb county. The part of the line south of

Peachtree City looks to have a lot of rain and possibly decent

lightning with it in addition to the wind gusts.

Wow, we just got rocked here in Marietta (Cobb County), No apparent damage though. I took some pics with my camera phone, let's see if anything good came out.

edit : all the pictures are blown out due to bright light at work. booo

We lost our one large tree in the front yard, shingles lifted on the roof, neighbors had sections of their fencing blown down and the neighbor two doors down had a lot of shingles blown off his roof. All in all not as bad as it seemed when I saw the cat flying through the air but it was a "pucker" experience for a couple of minutes there.

Wow, the cat was literally flying through the air?? Too bad you didn't get that on video! Stay safe up there.

Wow, the cat was literally flying through the air?? Too bad you didn't get that on video! Stay safe up there.

LOL! He wasn't being blown by the wind he was just hauling ass dodging flying debris. I would say peek wind gust was certainly in the vicinity of 60 to 65 mph and was sustained for at least a couple of minutes.

Looks to be a pretty good circulation persisting on the cell NE of Rome, GA. Still SVR warned, no TOR warning, but keep your heads up if you're in that neck of the woods.

MAJOR STRUCTURAL

DAMAGE IN SOUTHERN GORDON COUNTY.

MANY HOMES WITH DAMAGE AND ONE

HOUSE AT LEAST WAS DESTROYED.

Report time 525 PM. I had posted about this storm just before, and we both

mentioned about the circulation. This storm looked to have stronger rotation

than the one that did get a TOR near Peachtree City. Possible tornado.

First reported tornado from WxUnderground.

iw_close.gif

Tornado Storm Report

2011-12-22 14:42:00 EST

Lat/Lon: 33.18,-86.61

An ef0 tornado with winds of 70-80 mph briefly touched down in Columbiana,along County Road 47 and moved northeast for 1.8 miles,lifting along County Road 25. Along I (bmx)

http://www.wunderground.com/tornado/

MAJOR STRUCTURAL

DAMAGE IN SOUTHERN GORDON COUNTY.

MANY HOMES WITH DAMAGE AND ONE

HOUSE AT LEAST WAS DESTROYED.

Report time 525 PM. I had posted about this storm just before, and we both

mentioned about the circulation. This storm looked to have stronger rotation

than the one that did get a TOR near Peachtree City. Possible tornado.

I was looking at this as well at work (don't have access to GR radar here)....but even from the Peachtree City velocity mode, it seemed to have a pretty well defined couplet, but hard to tell how tight from that radar. If I'm not mistaken, i don't think it was TOR warned during it's trek near Rome, but again, was at work so didn't keep up every minute.

I was looking at this as well at work (don't have access to GR radar here)....but even from the Peachtree City velocity mode, it seemed to have a pretty well defined couplet, but hard to tell how tight from that radar. If I'm not mistaken, i don't think it was TOR warned during it's trek near Rome, but again, was at work so didn't keep up every minute.

I'm not sure about TOR warned either for Rome, but I'm fairly sure it was at least SVR warned.

I posted some pictures of damage in Rome, GA. Looks like a tornado to me. Thoughts?

http://www.athensgaw...in-rome-ga.html

The shot of the pole snapped in half looks like straightline winds to me, but the brick building shot definitely looks to be a EF0. This all coming from a Non-Expert at surveying damage, just my determination.

The shot of the pole snapped in half looks like straightline winds to me, but the brick building shot definitely looks to be a EF0. This all coming from a Non-Expert at surveying damage, just my determination.

Since it's a brick building, I would say it could have been an EF1 or possibly weak EF2 tornado.

2011 severe weather in the SE...ridiculous...

This Nina has had major teeth. Watch out next Spring if it doesn't die soon.

I posted some pictures of damage in Rome, GA. Looks like a tornado to me. Thoughts?

http://www.athensgaw...in-rome-ga.html

The brick walls blown out wouldn't be straight line winds I don't think. A small spin up of ef 0 or 1 probably.

This Nina has had major teeth. Watch out next Spring if it doesn't die soon.

Well, we are on the threshold of declaring another moderate Nina (at the very least a high-end weak Nina), so I'm not sure I see a change in the svr wx patterns upcoming unfortunately.

Gordon County survey is still ongoing... IMO the damage there is much worse than Floyd and could actually be EF3... hard to say. Will be interesting to see.

I read that the damage in Gordon County is officially an EF3 tornado. Impressive to see an EF3 tornado across North Georgia 3 days before Christmas. Amazing.

I read that the damage in Gordon County is officially an EF3 tornado. Impressive to see an EF3 tornado across North Georgia 3 days before Christmas. Amazing.

I believe that's very possible but I do not believe it has been confirmed by the NWS yet. We should know soon, though.

Archived