wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Central PA Thread - Met. Winter 11-12 Obs/Disco

PennMan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is looking to be quite an active week to 10 days shaping up and is probably going to feature all the major precip types at one point or another. 12z European had 1-3 snow oppurtunities depending on ones location in C-PA just from Dec. 23-Dec 28. Stormwise, aside from the first storm around midweek.. this would actually be a decent winter storm pattern if we had just a tad more help anchoring in a colder regime. Where that baroclinic battle zone sets up is going to be something to watch with these potential events.

Got to 17.1, also 3rd consecutive teens morning.

When I worked at Accuwx, my email was the only one on the site so I would get a lot of,well, interesting email. One of the best was from a mentally challenged guy in Clinton County, he would send me ops and a "good job!" If the forcast was good. If it was a bust then he'd say better luck next time or whatever. I miss him.

What did you do when you were at Accuwx?

GFS is drastically different from its previous runs. (that I've seen)

I would say a significant I80 winter storm this run as the mid stream energy has for the 23-26 threat has gone from strung out mess to well organized in just 12 hrs.

Model has a Miller B with the primary occluding a tad farther South than usual and a secondary coastal gaining strength off Hatteras.

Can you get me a job - I do the same stuff!

In weather news, as of this morning KMDT has 71.97" of rain. The previous record was 59.27".

Looking at all the rain this week headed for us, we might push 80".

I wish I had the pull :(

Have you looked at the PSU jobs site? There is a PR job on there but it's for public information for the entire university, which I wouldn't touch with a 100 foot pole right now.

Archived