Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Thread - Met. Winter 11-12 Obs/Disco

PennMan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easternwx,

Last week of January is going to be torchtastic. No doubt about that.

I haven't given up, though, on snow. Most of us have all of Feb and at least half of March yet to go as far as snow chances. Myself, I've seen several good snows after mid-March since I moved here nine winters ago.

As I said before. If we get anything I think it is late FEB early MAR.

Philipsburg's getting hammered. Friend just DM'd me on Twitter:

Hey Jamie thought you might want to know, snowing really hard here now, hard to see.

Nice band between DuBois and right west of here it looks like. Fingers crossed it doesn't die out right before it gets here. We need something like this to verify the forecast of more accum snow tonight...30 minute flizzards don't cut it even if the ground is well below freezing.

I have no idea why CTP shows such bullish accum. numbers through Saturday. While a second cold front and weak vort will move through tomorrow afternoon, it does not appear the fetch is overly favorable. I could see some spotty 1-3in amounts in streamers for AOO, UNV, IPT but nothing widespread. Model guidance indicates generally low QPF focused mainly on the northwest plateau and the Laurel Highlands so even there additional accumulations should be less than 5in.

Archived