gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Central PA Thread - Met. Winter 11-12 Obs/Disco

PennMan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate it, I would be even more mad at the Euro if it wasn't for the NAM/GFS showing possibly 2-4" for tomorrow night into Friday.

Well done trolling by the Euro. Well done indeed.

I really like the idea of the meme for the Euro being Hans Gruber from Die Hard. Evil European bastard.

In this case, holding our beautiful sexy Xmas storm hostage:

091911_0105_50greatestm39.jpg

Anyway, that stupid NAM at 12Z looked great for higher elevations. Man, I hate that model.

Eh. We were spoiled with that one. I remember many winters that started off like this.

If we don't see some signs of blocking by mid Jan, then I'll have to start worrying.

Yeah, I'm trying to remain positive WRT later periods of this winter.

Of the past 10 winters (01-02 to 10-11), 4 have not had measurable snow until sometime after January 6th. 06-07 was the latest, with the first measurable snow on 1/25 from a rogue LES shower, and no synoptic snowfall until 2/2. 04-05 also didn't get going until after 1/15 here. 04-05 ended with 31.5", and 06-07 had 26.6".

Outlook for the rest of winter.

January: Not much to say here but, TORCH! It is going to be a very warm month. Probably be in the 60's and maybe a day in the 70's. No snow threats until the end of the month where maybe we have one shot.

post-959-0-13800900-1324492205.jpg

February: Once again pretty warm. I think we might see a few ice storms or mixed storms this month. Otherwise no real big snow threats either.

post-959-0-84360800-1324492264.jpg

Archived