• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

Good I hope it all verifies! This is boring so far lol. Springfield mentioning some light snow/mix maybe from late christmas evening into monday morning, but over to rain monday morning. Wouldnt that be cool if we could get some more flurries christmas night lol. Dont know when I'll be back on here so merry christmas to you and everyone else on the forum!!! :snowman::santa:

The 12z NAM (I know, I know... it's the NAM) is picking up on that feature, too, with some minor accumulations possible SE of I-44. I haven't checked yet to see if the GFS is doing anything with that.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12z NAM (I know, I know... it's the NAM) is picking up on that feature, too, with some minor accumulations possible SE of I-44. I haven't checked yet to see if the GFS is doing anything with that.

Yea i think springfield was saying the gfs was also I cant remember now sorry. The nam really isnt bad bad when its within its time range but I noticed anything beyond 12-24 hours out forget it ya know lol. Would be neat to see though for sure!

0z NAM bumping up the snow east of us.

Eh, not sure about temps, but the 00z GFS did slow things down and push the system a bit farther south, and strange things happen under strong upper lows but we need cold air!

00z GGEM @ 84 looks somewhat interesting

Looks like this storm is stronger than expected back in W. Texas. I've lived in NW Ark for 36 years and history says this is a decent setup for a few inches of snow. I know the 12z models still didn't latch on to snow for us but my guy says this may change.

That's my best attempt at Christmas cheer!

Thoughts from someone smarter than me?

Looks like this storm is stronger than expected back in W. Texas. I've lived in NW Ark for 36 years and history says this is a decent setup for a few inches of snow. I know the 12z models still didn't latch on to snow for us but my guy says this may change.

That's my best attempt at Christmas cheer!

Thoughts from someone smarter than me?

I think it's an interesting situation to watch over the next day or so. 12z Euro is cooler with surface temps when compared to the 12z GFS but it doesn't have as much precip. Strange things happen under strong upper lows though, you can get a changeover with marginal conditions due to dynamic cooling and other processes.

00z GFS has a bit of snow in N AR, S MO. Not a big deal overall but it would be pretty cool to see some snow.

Merry Christmas from Joplin everyone!

krkg4.jpg

Edit: NORAD said Santa was just here... I got coal. :(

"Current location

Joplin, Missouri, United States"

Many thanks to all the posters here who help make this a useful and enjoyable place to be!

Merry Christmas and Seasons Greetings to all!

And for all the snow lovers, here is my Christmas wish for you.......

:snowing: :snowing: :snowing: :snowing: :snowing: :snowing: :snowing:

Merry Christmas everybody! Despite all our wishes for snow and cold it's hard not to like this beautiful day out today. Everybody have a wonderful day!

Looking like we might be in better shape for snow here in Perryville, MO south of St. Louis. Still expecting only a dusting followed by rain. We'll see. Merry Christmas all!

00z NAM wasn't as into it as it was in previous runs, but it would probably be the kind of snow that looks cool coming down but doesn't accumulate.

usaasnowipersfc084w.gif

Yeah, it may be wrong as the 12z Euro wants to bring down some cold air and a trough into the eastern 1/2 of the country. The 12z GFS isn't as strong with it. We'd be on the west edge which means colder air but not much else probably but don't have precip maps that go out that far.

In the near term, there are huge differences between the 00/12z GFS and the 00z Euro.

These are 850 temps from the 00z GFS and 00z Euro @ 168.

00z Euro:

usatmp850mb168h.gif

00z GFS:

usatmp850mb168g.gif

The GGEM lost the trough last night and had more of a 00z GFS look to it, but today's 12z run has the trough back.

It's interesting to see such huge differences and I'm curious to see if the 12z Euro backs down.

Around Jan 9th, the 12z GFS is still indicating a pattern change possibility, it takes a few days for it to get here.

usapcpprstmp2m384g.gif

12z Euro held. Either the Euro or GFS is going to be extremely wrong even as close to 96 hours out.

12z GFS 850 MB temps at 144:

usatmp850mb144u.gif

Euro same time.

usatmp850mb144v.gif

If you extend that out to 240. Euro still has a trough in the east while the GFS has much of the nation basking in zonal flow.

240 GFS:

usatmp850mb240b.gif

240 Euro:

usatmp850mb240.gif

NWS SGF mentions Cross Polar Flow in their write up this afternoon. Let's hope the Euro wins the battle!!!

Yeah it's a weird setup. GGEM/EURO in one camp.. GFS/UKMET in another camp. The trough positioning doesn't really help us in the precip chances department no matter what solution though.

In other news, 18z GFS, you so crazy.

usaasnowipersfc336c.gif

Archived