joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you should be fine, the instability will be hard to come by that far north (it is looking hard to come by even further south :axe: ), but as always with strong kinematics, trends will have to be watched. I do think a squall line is possible up there, SGF seems to agree with this idea (And lol Timmer).

Oh, and by the way...the 12z Euro puts down 30-35" with that thing, just throwing that out there :mapsnow:

euro has a strip of 2.5 qpf from your location north into IA...start out as rain for you but alot of it will be snow if the euro verifys.

It was more about the GFS and Euro jumping west from their previous runs. We all know how these things like to trend NW in time.

yeah, i know....atleast we have something to track compared to last year. I need less than a inch of snow to beat my total of last winter which was a big 17"...unreal.

17" is higher than the average amount we get in a year here.. ;)

How much do you average up there?

Edit: Un-f'ing believable as the 12z Euro goes way north.

That storm is a beast. I did notice the 12z GFS did come in a bit colder for Christmas. The 850 MB freezing line is farther north than the temps, which leads one to believe that there may be some type of frozen precip or drizzle. It was also a little slower in ejecting the storm out of the west and the storm is a bit deeper.

Christmas morning:

gfs_namer_168_10m_wnd_precip_s.gif

Main system coming out and deepening as it heads across Arkansas and starts to lift north:

gfs_namer_216_10m_wnd_precip_s.gif

gfs_namer_228_10m_wnd_precip_s.gif

And the next snowstorm may arrive by New Years with another "reload" at the end of the run.

Oh wouldn't this be nice for a change guys we need something to talk about. That track seems like an odd one to me or is it just me(the late xmas storm)? Things are gonna change for sure but I hope its for the better this time, Im sick of this warmth lol. Springfield hinting at some slop here tomorrow night into Thursday am, maybe a dusting to a half inch of slop snow possible

...A LARGE WINTER STORM MAY IMPACT OKLAHOMA AND WESTERN NORTH

TEXAS SOMETIME AROUND CHRISTMAS NIGHT...

A RAPIDLY EVOLVING UPPER STORM SYSTEM WILL MOVE INTO THE ROCKIES

EARLY NEXT WEEK NEAR CHRISTMAS EVE. THE STORM THEN APPEARS IT

WILL MOVE ACROSS PORTIONS OF KANSAS...OKLAHOMA...AND TEXAS LATE

CHRISTMAS NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY. SNOWFALL WILL ACCOMPANY THIS

STORM SYSTEM. ALTHOUGH IT IS STILL TOO EARLY TO DETERMINE EXACT

SNOWFALL AMOUNTS AND THE PRECISE TIMING OF THE SYSTEM...SOME

LOCATIONS COULD EXPERIENCE WHITE OUT OR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS.

TRAVEL MAY BECOME TREACHEROUS LATE CHRISTMAS NIGHT AND THE DAY

AFTER CHRISTMAS...ESPECIALLY ACROSS PORTIONS OF OKLAHOMA. BE

PREPARED TO HAVE YOUR TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS CANCELLED OR CHANGED

FOR THE UPCOMING HOLIDAY. MONITOR THE LATEST UPDATES FROM THE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AS MORE ACCURATE INFORMATION BECOMES

AVAILABLE LATER THIS WEEK.

All model guidance has been nothing short of atrocious here lately. Some credence is due for next week however as most of the global models are showing something in that timeframe. At the 7-9 day range I would cautiously side with the GFS as the Euro usually plays catch-up with the GFS. Inside of 5 days my money always rides with the Euro, though.

All model guidance has been nothing short of atrocious here lately. Some credence is due for next week however as most of the global models are showing something in that timeframe. At the 7-9 day range I would cautiously side with the GFS as the Euro usually plays catch-up with the GFS. Inside of 5 days my money always rides with the Euro, though.

The good Dr. has been having issues as well. On the upcoming storm, it was the farthest southeast until last night's 00z run when it jumped back to being pretty close to the GFS position which had been more consistent.

The 00z GFS sucks as well...The storm forms well south and east due to the northern stream screwing things up. Congrats Mississippi this run.

what we do is take the 12z euro (way north), and the 00z gfs (way south) and average them out... so it puts it just right for us ;) LOL

Archived