joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the looks of this page and how terrible the models were overnight, I take it there will be no blizzard near our area...*sighs*...guess I can go back to actually working. That's twice I have the let those dumb models lure me in...no more...I'm done! Unless I see it on a map within 3 days, I will assume it's in fantasyland...what a Christmas bummer:(

Morning model runs have increased the amount of precip over the Kansas City area with tonight’s snowstorm. Looks like 4" to 5" is possible across the metro area with winds of 45-50 MPH during the morning rush hour is going to cause quite the nightmare for motorists considering we haven’t seen any real snow since the Winter of 2010-2011.

Update: Timing differences and the 12z GGEM does some weird energy transfer thing but it winds up with a 994 over SE MO at hour 180.

That's crazy, BryanB.. I hope it ends up being even more than that for you all.

12z GFS says.......Annnnnd we're back:

gfs_namer_162_10m_wnd_precip.gif

12z Euro had a snowfall for much of the area. It took a bit longer in getting there and for the system to turn negative. The surface low was in western Kentucky by 180.

18z GFS had a big storm but was a bit farther north. jcwxguy would love this run as he gets over a foot of snow this run. KC gets nailed as well.

Now the 00z will probably go back to not having a storm, lol

It's still a long way out with large model spread, both individual models and ensembles. Looking at past events and taking what "Justin", the meteorologist on here said, Each individual storm system will probably track farther south than the previous one. I'm hoping KS northern MO gets a lot of snow with tonights storm to help tighten the baroclinic zone so "our" storm system tracks farther south.

12z Euro had a snowfall for much of the area. It took a bit longer in getting there and for the system to turn negative. The surface low was in western Kentucky by 180.

18z GFS had a big storm but was a bit farther north. jcwxguy would love this run as he gets over a foot of snow this run. KC gets nailed as well.

Now the 00z will probably go back to not having a storm, lol

:snowing::snowwindow::hug::snowman::mapsnow::tomato:

18zgfssnow174.gif

then

counting new years day storm

18zgfssnow348.gif

Archived