• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Larry Cosgrove has had enough of Winter is over calls

Ji

by the time you finish your article, maybe well be ready for our pattern change :bike:

A masterpiece isn't written in a single tweet. ;) At least not yet.

Of course, if one harbors dreams of a White Christmas, maybe one shouldn't rush until the guidance looks better. The teleconnections currently have a sad tale to tell.

If things remain on course, Santa could come sans sleigh bearing the unwelcome "gift" of warmth. Spirits across the Mid-Atlantic could sink as far as the thermometer rises. And to rub it in, Santa could borrow from a certain forecaster and proclaim the following news to everyone in the Mid-Atlantic: "Ho! Ho! Ho! Enjoy the weather; it's the only weather you've got. Ho! Ho! Ho!"

A masterpiece isn't written in a single tweet. ;) At least not yet.

Of course, if one harbors dreams of a White Christmas, maybe one shouldn't rush until the guidance looks better. The teleconnections currently have a sad tale to tell.

If things remain on course, Santa could come sans sleigh bearing the unwelcome "gift" of warmth. Spirits across the Mid-Atlantic could sink as far as the thermometer rises. And to rub it in, Santa could borrow from a certain forecaster and proclaim the following news to everyone in the Mid-Atlantic: "Ho! Ho! Ho! Enjoy the weather; it's the only weather you've got. Ho! Ho! Ho!"

Don, glad to see you out of hibernation. I've finished the piece and it will be posted on the CWG site tommorrow. I wrote it especially for Ji to get him into the Christmas spirit. Santa seems to do OK no matter what the weather is. Ji not so well. I suspect I'll be playing lots of golf.

Don, glad to see you out of hibernation. I've finished the piece and it will be posted on the CWG site tommorrow. I wrote it especially for Ji to get him into the Christmas spirit. Santa seems to do OK no matter what the weather is. Ji not so well. I suspect I'll be playing lots of golf.

I am about to go into JIpression.

It seems like people have made up their minds for the whole month...amazing!

Just so its clear, I suspect that the Plains States (especially Central and Northern) could have cold anomalies for the month. The East, perhaps excepting northern New England, would probably wind up on the warmer side of normal as a whole. However, that does not mean wall-to-wall warmth. There will likely be some cold shots and if the timing is right maybe some opportunities for snow. But I would be surprised if the overall averages were not on the warm side of normal. For the Great Lakes area, especially Ontario, things might break somewhat on the cold side of normal.

Thanks Wes. I hope all is well with your family and you.

I look forward to reading your piece at CWG tomorrow.

Just so its clear, I suspect that the Plains States (especially Central and Northern) could have cold anomalies for the month. The East, perhaps excepting northern New England, would probably wind up on the warmer side of normal as a whole. However, that does not mean wall-to-wall warmth. There will likely be some cold shots and if the timing is right maybe some opportunities for snow. But I would be surprised if the overall averages were not on the warm side of normal. For the Great Lakes area, especially Ontario, things might break somewhat on the cold side of normal.

I have done some research and I've noticed when november is above normal it seems like december is too. Over the last 20 years or so both have had many more positive anomalies than negative ones,. I believe like some others have mentioned that january and february will be more favorable, but I do think we will be okay in snow even though the winter may be a couple of degrees above the normals. Thanks for the clarification Don.

Archived