• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Late November/Early December upcoming wx.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are asking me if I looked at the 12z GFS, I did. Is it correct? Who the hell knows. The 12z GGEM is suppressed S of us.

Well no crap, but put it in context to what we have weather wise for the next week or so.. all I'm saying, it's something to watch... hell, look at October 30, every model but the euro was suppressed until about 3 days out..

All I'm saying is the setup looks decent for a snow event

Well no crap, but put it in context to what we have weather wise for the next week or so.. all I'm saying, it's something to watch... hell, look at October 30, every model but the euro was suppressed until about 3 days out..

All I'm saying is the setup looks decent for a snow event

Thats the key, The euro was surpressed at 0z so it should be taken lightly at this time

Thats the key, The euro was surpressed at 0z so it should be taken lightly at this time

No doubt, I'm not calling for Winter storm watches to be put up tomorrow, it's just nice to have a slight chance at a bigger snow event 7 days out rather than listening to a wishcast of a pattern change date

It's not like the GFS hasn't school the euro before either, unlikely but its happened

i don't think that's a fair way to look at it though, steve. that's ignoring the globe and instead dissecting an 8 day model output for the extreme northeastern quadrant of the conus...not exactly the same thing. those big 850s are still there - just a day earlier and not as big...like +9C vs +14-16 (which was kind of ridiculous anyway which you know)

there's always going to be run-to-run variability...but the *overall theme* is the same. huge black hole of death trough out west with a pronounced SE ridge showing itself at times. some of the day-to-day shifts we see are exactly why folks have said ad nauseum that just because the pattern is a warm one, doesn't mean it can't deliver now and then.

Yeah exactly... the discussion we've been having has been about the global pattern which just plain sucks. It's an awful pattern. It's been very consistent, very stable, and very well modeled. Whether that means we see a day that's +5 or +15 remains to be seen... and to be honest it's not really what we're talking about.

The pattern sucks... maybe we get lucky with something? Who knows. But the conversation a lot of us have been having can't be refuted by saying it's going to be 55F next Monday and not 70F.

Archived